aburn posi VS. Traction Lock Rebuild Kit

superslothguy

Apr 1, 2005
aburn posi VS. Traction Lock Rebuild Kit?????????

i need to know witch is best for my set up i love drag racing and my lsd right now is peg leg'ed so i wana know what u guys would go with. and if the Traction Lock Rebuild Kit is a better choice could someone tell me whats involed is it dard to do?

my mods are pulleys,cold air, flowmasters,h pipe, mickey tompson et street radials

i just wana know if the Traction Lock Rebuild Kit will hold up

• Sponsors (?)

superslothguy said:
i need to know witch is best for my set up i love drag racing and my lsd right now is peg leg'ed so i wana know what u guys would go with. and if the Traction Lock Rebuild Kit is a better choice could someone tell me whats involed is it dard to do?

my mods are pulleys,cold air, flowmasters,h pipe, mickey tompson et street radials

i just wana know if the Traction Lock Rebuild Kit will hold up
Mickey "Thompson",,LOL,,A rebuild would be a good Idea,unless you got the cash for an Auburn,or Eaton... The rebuild kit is cheap,if youve never taken the rear differential cover off I would have someone do it!! While your in there you should get some gears installed,they can be a drag racers best friend,a great mod :nice:

superslothguy said:
some call my car a "factory freak" but its stock other than the mods i listed.

so i could launch at 4500 and hook up with the rebuild kit?
The only thing I see you having trouble with,,with 4500rpm launches are your stock axles!!Stock posi units are fine with stock HP.

Tim Stockwell was running tens with stock axles and stock traction lock. They will work but eventually go. See his white LX here www.5litermustang.com

I ran stock 28 spline axles on my last car up to 500hp. Never broke them, but did go for 31 spline axles and a Auburn Pro diff before a misshap. Same set up Im currently running in a car with way less hp.

foxcoupefan said:
Tim Stockwell was running tens with stock axles and stock traction lock. They will work but eventually go. See his white LX here www.5litermustang.com

I ran stock 28 spline axles on my last car up to 500hp. Never broke them, but did go for 31 spline axles and a Auburn Pro diff before a misshap. Same set up Im currently running in a car with way less hp.
At the end of last season last year,there was a kid at the track with a 94GT,it was Turbo'd out,almost 600HP..First run went OK,on the second run he blew the axles,(stock rear),but he had a little more HP then stock :rolleyes: