AC bypass Question

What up stang gurus? My ac pully is making noise and it doesnt work anyway so i want to get a shoter belt, anyone know what size belt to get? Also, if i am going this far should i bypass the smog pump as well? Does that cause any codes or running problem by bypassing the smog pump? Please let me know.

I just got my car running again so nice to have the 5.0 back in action for now :D

Thanks everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

crap. I'm sorry. i got mine from steeda. It was only like 40 dollars though. Haven't got it yet. It does get kinda hot in cali in the summer, but i usually drive my pickup to work. The car dogged pretty hard with the a/c on anyway, so i never ran it. I think the engine compartment will look much cleaner with out all the a/c crap. The only think that sucks is, it seems like the more stuff you change, the less stock it becomes, and the value of the car goes down, from what ive seen.

There is the FMS kit, and then ther are other kits such as March and TFS that move the tensioner where the A/C is, the P/S stays in the stock location. The FMS kit delets a lot of bracked weight and looks real clean,

If it just started to make noise, and you want to keep it, fix it now, may need to replace other parts. When compressors come apart, they get what's called "black death" where particals disperse all through the system and kill new parts. At least replace the compressor, dryer, and have the system flushed.

<---------- 5,000ths TECH POST. (IOW, I have no life)