accufab high pitched whine

Jbauer

Jan 20, 2008
I returned my trickflow because it was whistling real loud, the accufab piece is much better than that trick flow..smoother cuts, and it looked bigger also.
The accufab also doesnt have an abnoxious whistle like my trickflow had.
However, i just noticed today after 4 or 5 days, that if i lug the engine (ex: climbin a hill in 4th) that there will be a very high pitched (think dog ear) whine from the plenum.
Maybe its because im using a stock throttle body, but i take it this isn't suppose to be happening?

• Sponsors (?)

It's ok man, don't worry about the high pitch. Many guys here have that whistle sound coming from a plenum and TB combo and some don't. It's not a big deal. Just turn up your radio:p

Nah, this doesn't bother me, as it doesn't happen often at all, and when it does it's a quiet high pitched whine that i can hardly hear.
The trickflow was a diffrent story, it drove me nuts.
I doubt i can hear it when i get my catback anyway:D

Nah, this doesn't bother me, as it doesn't happen often at all, and when it does it's a quiet high pitched whine that i can hardly hear.
The trickflow was a diffrent story, it drove me nuts.
I doubt i can hear it when i get my catback anyway:D

I have a o/r x and flows and I yeah you'll get used to hearing the exhaust for sure over the whistling sound. Any idea's what exhaust set-up you are looking for?

yea man its normal mine does it too. actually sounds pretty sweet with it whistling a lil but it only does it under a certain amount of throttle after that point it does not do it.

Sounds like it's SC with the whistling sound I was told:D When I push on the throttle very lightly it whistles but after that the sound disappears.

no, not like a super charger..my trickflow whistled like a charger.. this one has a VERY high pitched whine, think like..a dog whistle..really high pitched.

As far as the exhaust set up, i'm thinking of MAC catback and O/R H

Sounds like it's SC with the whistling sound I was told:D When I push on the throttle very lightly it whistles but after that the sound disappears.

lol exactly its pretty sweet sounding and can be heard even better outside the car. im not sure if it does it in higher rpms like after 2500 cause my exhaust drones out all after that lol.

no, not like a super charger..my trickflow whistled like a charger.. this one has a VERY high pitched whine, think like..a dog whistle..really high pitched.

As far as the exhaust set up, i'm thinking of MAC catback and O/R H

yea it could be higher pitched with your smaller throttle body. i know mine changed sounds with the intake. it use to be louder with the old intake on but im sporting the stock tube right now cause my maf was too big and throwing off the computer cause it was not tuned for it. basically when i started the car in the morning the idle use to bounce from like 100 to 800 rpms and it would take about 15 seconds for it to finally settle.

lol exactly its pretty sweet sounding and can be heard even better outside the car. im not sure if it does it in higher rpms like after 2500 cause my exhaust drones out all after that lol.

My car drones pretty bad in between 60-70mph:( But I'm starting to get used to it. I try to stay out of that speed by going 50-55mph on the slow lane lol.

My car drones pretty bad in between 60-70mph:( But I'm starting to get used to it. I try to stay out of that speed by going 50-55mph on the slow lane lol.

lol yea thats how it is man. i hated my exhaust when i first put on the xpipe cause the borlas droned enough as it was and the x intensified it lol. but you learn to live with it and when it starts droning is when bolts start to back out and stuff in teh car starts to rattle lol so be ready for that as well. it generally drones for me right at 2,000 to about 2500

I had a BBK CAI on my old 92GT. Everybody asked what kind of turbo I had!!! It was so loud it was crazy. I now have the same type of BBK CAI on my 91 5.0...I get no whistle at all.....every car is different, you'll just have to accept it I guess.

lol yea thats how it is man. i hated my exhaust when i first put on the xpipe cause the borlas droned enough as it was and the x intensified it lol. but you learn to live with it and when it starts droning is when bolts start to back out and stuff in teh car starts to rattle lol so be ready for that as well. it generally drones for me right at 2,000 to about 2500

That is the reason i got rid of my flowmasters 40's the drone drove me nuts in my vert :rolleyes:
I changed it with Bassani 2 1/2 with cats and x pipe and no more drone and it's loader :D sounds sweet too.

That is the reason i got rid of my flowmasters 40's the drone drove me nuts in my vert :rolleyes:
I changed it with Bassani 2 1/2 with cats and x pipe and no more drone and it's loader :D sounds sweet too.

lucky man urs doesnt drone lol. but mine sounds quiet to me now probably cause it made me deaf lol. my dad wont drive it cause he drove it once over 250 miles and got out and said i about went deaf in that damn thing lol.