"Acrylic-Werks" polish

radtexas

Jul 25, 2006
Tyler, Texas
Anyone ever use or heard of these guys? I bought a bottle to try when I bought my car yesterday from the finnace guy when signing the papers. It is his own based business. After looking at the website (http://www.acrylicwerks.com/index.html) and the photo gallery it looks pretty good. Some of the testimonials about how it got the swirl marks out sound impressive. I plan on putting some on this weekend if I can get out of the driver's seat long enough to apply it.

Reading the instructions I am amazed at the way it is applied. Normally you apply wax in a swirl motion and in the shade. This uses criss-cross pattern and is best when applied in direct sunlight. If anyone here has used it let me know how you like it. If not I will let you know the results hopefully Monday. Photo gallery has some nice shiny cars in it.

• Sponsors (?)

I wnt to their website and read the instructions. It sounds like an awful lot of work. I'd be careful with all of that back and forth rubbing on your new paint. I also noticed one significant item missing in the exhaustive list of mandatory supplies: BEER!! For my first wax I used Meguiars NXT.

Well used the polish today and it was not any easier to do than any other polish/wax. I had to go back to the dealer and asked the guy I bought it from about it. He said that on new paint there is no need to rub it hard. Just criss cross it to get the polish in the paint. Polish with cloths afterwards. Next time he said it would be even easier than first. He hid say that this stuff is what the airforce uses on their planes since wipers at 600 mph is not possible. That bugs should just run right off and not be hard at all to get off. I hope that is true because I hate cleaning off bug remains. I will say that it did not leave any residue or stain on the rubber or plastic trim when I got the polish on it. He told me to look on the website on how to use the polish to treat that to help make it hold the new look longer and prevent sun/heat results over long periods of time.

New site is now up. It is much cleaner and the directions are much easier. Included are links to the YouTube Channel which has several pretty impressive and tutorial videos. Mustangs videos will be done when weather gets warmer or our friend in Bahrain films some in the heat...ouch! These photos are on the PhotoBucket site under the company name.

Mustang Plastic 1.jpg
Mustang Plastic 2.jpg
Mustang Half Hood.jpg

I was also pretty impressed with these photos even though its a Miata
Miata Plastic Window 1.jpg
Miata Plastic Window 2.jpg
Miata Plastic Window 3.jpg