Active Anti Theft Remote Window Feature

Jewls05GT

May 9, 2005
Flori-DUH
Well, Hatchman and I sadly learned something new today that I thought you guys might want to know. Our cars are supposed to have a feature where you can roll down the windows with your remote by holding down the unlock button if you have active anti theft. Well, we took it to the stealer on the reccomendation of another board member, and as it turns out, any of them built after Jan. 1 2005, the equipment is there, but the computer is not programmed for it, so it will not work. They called the engineers, and for whatever reason Ford decided to discontinue this feature. Even flashing the computer and trying to trick it into thinking it was built before Jan. is not an option, since any further work on the car would just reset it back to where we started, not to mention the car would have the earlier TSB problems that have been fixed since then. So anyway, that was the biggest reason I wanted this feature, and it doesn't even work. That's what you call ironic. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, we were excited about this feature, since other Nissan's I've had before had them and it was really nice on hot days, you could roll down the windows and let all the "hotter than four hells" air out before you walked up to the car. No big deal, maybe they will one day write up the software to enable this featurea agian. Actually, it's cars made before 1/3/05 should be able to activate the remote windows, instead of 1/1, or that's what the engineers said.

If anyone with a build after 1/3 gets there's working, I'd be interested to know how. Otherwise, hopefully this will avoid someone spending 3 hours at the dealership to find out it just won't work.

I could be wrong, because I can't find it anywhere, but I believe the reason Ford disabled the feature was because it would sometimes roll the window down without you having pressed the button. :shrug:

I would be careful about re-activating a defective feature. It would be a shame to flood your new car in a carwash or a rainstorm or have your stuff stolen because your window was down. :(

Jewls05GT said:
That would be great, we are in B'ham quite a bit since Hatch is from around there. I'm sure he knows where Long Lewis is, but a point of contact would be great! Thanks.

My brother inlaw works there. I will give him a call tomorrow and get you a name and number. Long Lewis is on hwy 150 down from the galleria. If he is from Bham, Hatch will know where the galleria is.

the dealer has to hook up the WDS (worldwide diagnostic system) to your car at the port under your dash. go to moduels/doors/global features. it is either enabled or disabled. if they enable it, it should work. takes 5 min

:shrug:

That's kind of a lame "fix"...

Engineer #1: It's not working right, sometimes the windows just go down by themselves.

Engineer #2: I know, we'll just disable the whole thing.

Engineer #1: That's brilliant, why didn't I think of that.

:notnice:

Built May 3... Feature doesn't work

65 A Code said:
My brother inlaw works there. I will give him a call tomorrow and get you a name and number. Long Lewis is on hwy 150 down from the galleria. If he is from Bham, Hatch will know where the galleria is.

Hey all, My car was built May 3. This feature has been enabled via the diag tool. But it doesn't work! So it looks like they've changed some module. Also the Central locking feature does not work either.

Locking the drivers door does not lock the passenger door (to enable the alarm without the motion sensors)

If anyone knows what part they changed let me know.

:bang: :bang:

Ben
:canada:

65 A Code said:

Yep, we go to the Galleria pretty often to go to the movies and to dinner, I know exactly where that is. Hatchman is an Auburn grad too by the way. :nice:

Jewls05GT said:
Yep, we go to the Galleria pretty often to go to the movies and to dinner, I know exactly where that is. Hatchman is an Auburn grad too by the way. :nice:

Good deal just go down 150 like you are going to Bessamer and its down on the right. Will PM you the name and number.

WAR EAGLE Hatchman.

window roll down

my car has the feature.I came out one morning to find the windows rolled down.Had to have the car towed to dry storage as rain was coming.This was a friday.On monday had it towed to dealer.Water gets in the lock switch and "fuses" the connection,thus widows will roll down at random.They changed the lock and filled it with a dielectric material.Haven`t had a problem since.