Engine Adjustable MAF ????

• Sponsors (?)

I don’t believe that part was very popular. You’d need a wide band to “tune” it and it would be a steep learning curve.

what issues are you having? I ran an SN95 70mm MAF with 19s and cobra intake (similar to explorer) and it ran beautifully without any tune

Reactions: 1 user
I'm running the stock 2000ish explorer intake, TB, orange injectors, returnless fuel rail, and fuel pump. no EGR or air pump. Stock Foxbody MAF. Iron Exh Manifolds into singled 2" exhaust. Runs rich, how rich I don't know but it's stinky. Idles ok but if I get in heavy stop and go traffic it loads up. Accelerates and cruises good but I think it should do better than 17mpg pushing a 2200# car down the freeway. I don't think I can run an explorer MAF on the Fox ECU. Would the SN95 MAF get me closer.

HemiRick everything I can find says orange is 19# I am running the explorer skinny injectors but I do have a set of the fat orange Mustang injectors. Do you think switching to those would help me out. I am going to check codes a little later today. I'll get back if there are any.

OK so I don't have any codes pointing to a problem that would cause a rich situation. I have a slightly larger throttle body and a better flowing intake with 19# injectors. If I get the SN95 MAF do you guys think it would match better than the earlier one I'm running now. I can get a reman one from the parts store with a lifetime warranty for $70.

Foxbody MAF vs the 94-95 MAF should not make any noticeable difference . One is 55mm the other is 70mm. The transfer curves are close enough that the car should run exactly the same. I don’t think it will solve your issue

I found my runs rich issue. As stated earlier I'm running stock 2000ish Explorer intake and fuel system. A quick google search says 2000 Explorer fuel pressure is 60 psi an actual working gauge says 62psi. 88 Mustang fuel pressure is 40psi. The Explorer fuel pump has an inline regulator right above the pump in the tank it dumps the excess before leaving the tank. Does anybody make a 40psi inline regulator for a returnless system.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user