AEM wideband o2 ??'s

PRO50SC

Dec 28, 2003
Olney, Maryland
Anybody have one(or simaller)? Where did you get it and for how much? Is it really accurate? :shrug: These are supposed to be much more accurate than the Autometer versions with no sweeping action, just a constant reading.
30-4111.jpg

Attachments

• 30-4111.jpg
    30-4111.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Sponsors (?)

Scott_B said:
most air/fuel gauges are nothing more then light shows..cant say i know how well that one works..looks decent though!

Your right and your wrong. I have the Autometer A:F gauge. I had it hooked to my left bank O2 sensor, but after that injector somehow went bad, I haven't reconnected it. Yes, the reading bounced around alot, not as bad after the longtubes, but it still went way to red when cruising and way to green at WOT, but it gave me an idea. I was kind of annoying, but it never botherd me. However, when there was a vaccume leak, or anything else that wasn't right it would show up on the gauge.

it is supposed to bounce back and forth believe it or not. When watching a data stream on say an OBD 2 computer if you watch the o2 sensor reading it bounces back and forth from rich lean rich lean..... Only problem with using an A/F gauge is that if you are not using a wideband o2 sensor it canot read the "extremes" that are on the gauge making it horribly inaccurate. you should get a setup like the one in the picture. Seperate from what the computer is using. It's just better that way :D

damn...msrp $621...on sale $445 !

I think I would perfer the wide band as it averages or displays the RMS values rather than the narrow-band toggling between rich and lean. Plus the digital value is just faster at asertaining what the immediate condition is.

:nice:

90mustangGT said:
Your right and your wrong. I have the Autometer A:F gauge. I had it hooked to my left bank O2 sensor, but after that injector somehow went bad, I haven't reconnected it. Yes, the reading bounced around alot, not as bad after the longtubes, but it still went way to red when cruising and way to green at WOT, but it gave me an idea. I was kind of annoying, but it never botherd me. However, when there was a vaccume leak, or anything else that wasn't right it would show up on the gauge.
Yes, I have the same gauge and it works great. The problem is that when it's reading rich when your at WOT, you still don't know what the a/f ratio is. I'm running a blower and a lean condition could be very detrimental to my application. (No hole in pistons wanted here :nonono: )

Western Motorsports has a new wideband O2 system which works well and is maybe a little cheaper than the AEM system. Theirs uses a digital readout that you can mount in the car and a wideband sensor, plus it includes a square wave style voltage output that can be hooked into the stock sensor harness so your PCM gets a valid narrow band style sensor signal. It also has a 0-5v wideband signal output that can be hooked directly to a data acquisition system, or it could be spliced into the EGR circuit for use with a Tweecer.

-Matthew