after carefull consideration iam just gonna turbo the beast.

• Sponsors (?)

After reading the tech articals about the guy with a turbo Na block motor, is it possable to swap out the blocks and innards and still keep the dis ignition?

then just get an fmu, boost controller, intercooler and the exaust, larger MAF/injectors and call it good?

Iam trying to do this under as lil greenbacks as possable.....

Oh iam gonna get everything eventually but I want to do it the cheapest way possable...

but as i said is it possable to swap blocks/guts and still use the dis ignition?

oh and my chances of finding an 88tc is slim to none so iam gonna hit the first turbo ford i find....

T3AL said:
After reading the tech articals about the guy with a turbo Na block motor, is it possable to swap out the blocks and innards and still keep the dis ignition?

then just get an fmu, boost controller, intercooler and the exaust, larger MAF/injectors and call it good?

Iam trying to do this under as lil greenbacks as possable.....
sure, its possible but not the cheapest or easiest.
I would do the "typical" turbo swap. Find a turbo motor. You want to avoid the 79-81 carb turbo, but any 83-88 turbo motor will do fine. They come with varying components, but nothing aside from injectors, turbos VAMs and computer are much different. http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc.html
keep in mind that for whichever computer you are using, you need to use the same size vam and injectors which were origionally used with that computer. No mixing and matching parts there.

T3AL said:
If i swap out the blocks can i still use the DIS ignition?
It is possible to use the LA3 to control a DIS ignition system, but you will really need something to adjust the base timing with. It is not simple. You will have to use a DIS crank sensor. You really should have an EEC tuner or something else to change the timing with though.

Jesus god i cant afford that!

Like i said iam doing a JYT setup here, and the chances of me actually finding a compleat car will prolly be 0.

Iam thinking iam just gonna follow http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/TurboInstall.html to teh best of my abilitys then when i get the money saved up iam gonna build a proper turbo motor.

but I will be changing out the crap pistons to forged 8-1 so dont have to worry about killing ppl.

Hows this sound?

turbo
manafold
intercooler(svo style)
injectors(brown top)
eec tuner
Oil lines
larger feed fuel pump(how large?)
Fuel pressure guage
boostguage
boost controller
Fuel managment unit
MSD DIS-2 Ignion control unit
msd whires
NGK plugs
forged guts
8-1CR pistons
Cobra style hood
GT ground effects
Wailtale spoiler
Turbine Rims
GT swaybars

NO IHI TURBOS!

Hows that sound?

then save the money for esslinger Dport head, what ever turbo motor/harnes/ecu I come accrost that looks to be in good shape, get a t3/t4 turbo, e6 manafold, RW lightweight flywheel, crower crank, wesco pistons, ported/polished intake, ported head, MSD igniton/distuributer(which ignition?)RW round tooth cam gear kit.

hows that sound?

I want to just get what I can to turbo the motor thats there now then build a race motor.

sounds like a plan to me.

*puts this all on a test document so i dont forget*

I can't figure you out...you want to do it as cheap as possible...we tell you the cheapest way...then you always look for ways to make it more expensive...then ask what we think?

I think it's not the cheapest (nor will it work worth a **** considering your using an FMU which will majorly over fuel with a turbo computer or you are trying to use low impendence injectors with the stock computer...which will burn up the drivers in the ECU).

So basically, you are making it more expensive, more difficult, cobbled together, and it won't work...

Stingers right, that list is wack.
Drop the FMU and DIS stuff. Then, add the turbo computer with the matching vam and injectors.
99% of the time, it will be cheaper to buy an entire turbo motor than collect all the parts seperatly.

not at our junkyards

The fmu is needed to supply the extra fuel under boost correct? or will a larger feed fuel pump and larger injectors be enought? i dont think it will.

Is it possable to switch a vam over without changing the computer?

If you use a turbo computer with the right vam and injectors, there is no need for an FMU. Dinking around with the FMU or DIS a mistake.
Also, try the search feature here, and try searching at turboford. All the answers to your questions can be found under the seach button.

just like everyone else, get your feet wet before you start shooting for aluminum head DIS setups with a FMU.

Understanding how the Stock turbo setup works is a great place to start.

The stock computer,injectors,vam,turbo,intake/exhuast manifold will/turbo head/forged bottom end/intercooler. Will get you more hp than you were shooting for with the Paxton setup. So When all else fails...Start with stock. Buy stock, in stock...did i mention that you should stockup on stock parts.

Ps: did i mention start stock?