Aftermarket Front Seat Recommendations

Your butt will not like them, at least mine didn't, not much padding, after 45 min. ride mine was numb, but then I'm a bit skinny, er, I mean slender. Your choice but I don't think your gonna beat a newer stock seat, I'd love to get a set of focus rs chairs.

Good to know. Might want to step it up a little bit. Might make a trip down to the Summit store and see what they have. There you can test seats.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

i've personally been eyeballing the corbeau sports, the local autocross shop had a floor model that was pretty comfy (big guy, so the the more race style seats aren't as comfortable for me).

These aren't aftermarket, but I would like to do this.

@Bossed put a set of S550 seats in his son's '92. He had to modify the seat frames a bit. Damn it looks good though.
IMG_0665.JPG
Those are what I would like to put in mine.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got done jy hunting seats, settled on a set from a 01gt. Nice tradeoff between comfort and look, years better than the stockers.

I ran across a few s197 sets in my search but they were not the correct colors. All of them priced under or around 400

not sure what your budget is but if you want something inexpensive and still decent quality check out the procar by scat sportsman seats
http://procarbyscat.com/seats

I have them and have been happy with them for the money
IMG_20160801_193923119_zpsedakdcbz.jpg

IMG_20160808_063605348_zpslakqn1ma.jpg

I absolutely love those. That is damn near perfect. It even has the slot for the 5 point. How bad was the install, and how are they on the butt?

Kurt

Those are what I would like to put in mine.
I'm digging these as well. I'd like to know what they come out of since someone said they're not aftermarket. I don't like the narrow headrest or top of the seat of the corbeau race seats. I'd rather have an actual head rest and/or have the seat nice and beefy or kind of beefy toward the top of the seat/head of the seat and not narrow.

Oh yeah. Went around in circles on the phone. One excuse after another.

Kurt
kurt the TMI's are what I had in my notes to go with because I like the read way the stripes run and think black with the red stripes would look awesome in my laser red. I also like the beefier top of the seat/head rest as opposed to those like the corbeau where the seat is narrow at the top and not really a head rest. Some I have seen that actually doesn't have a head rest, it's not narrow up top like the corbeau. Now I have been skeptical as to the cost of the TMI's and the fact that you still had to get them put on your seats. I would let a shop do mine vs myself. Some things I just don't have the patience for. But not re thinking the whole things. I mean I still have plenty of time as the cosmetic stuff of the car(s) will come last anyway so might be well into 2018 or 19 before I think about replacing the seats. My stock seats in the 95 would suffice if I was going to get something with new foat and a cover like TMI. I guess I'll be keeping an eye out and reading up on things still to decide. Keep me posted with what you go with.

Charles

Actually forget to mention that I love the seats out of the 2015 and will be inquiring how to get some and get them into mine and what all will be involved with fitment

Saw some nice ones on ebay. I believe they were a chocolate color though. I'd want red stiching or prefer rather but if I found some at a can't beat deal I'd have to get them.

kurt the TMI's are what I had in my notes to go with because I like the read way the stripes run and think black with the red stripes would look awesome in my laser red. I also like the beefier top of the seat/head rest as opposed to those like the corbeau where the seat is narrow at the top and not really a head rest. Some I have seen that actually doesn't have a head rest, it's not narrow up top like the corbeau. Now I have been skeptical as to the cost of the TMI's and the fact that you still had to get them put on your seats. I would let a shop do mine vs myself. Some things I just don't have the patience for. But not re thinking the whole things. I mean I still have plenty of time as the cosmetic stuff of the car(s) will come last anyway so might be well into 2018 or 19 before I think about replacing the seats. My stock seats in the 95 would suffice if I was going to get something with new foat and a cover like TMI. I guess I'll be keeping an eye out and reading up on things still to decide. Keep me posted with what you go with.

Charles

Actually forget to mention that I love the seats out of the 2015 and will be inquiring how to get some and get them into mine and what all will be involved with fitment

Yeah, don't do the TMI. If you are having an upholestry shop do it, then ask what they recommend. That way if it sucks, you can hold them accountable. The seat cover in a Mustang has to be glued to the foam. It's a pain in the ass. I've done it with the TMI stuff, won't be doing it again.

Kurt

Yeah, don't do the TMI. If you are having an upholestry shop do it, then ask what they recommend. That way if it sucks, you can hold them accountable. The seat cover in a Mustang has to be glued to the foam. It's a pain in the ass. I've done it with the TMI stuff, won't be doing it again.

Kurt
gotcha man thanks.
Yes going to look into the 13's and the 15's

There is an option to buy the TMI seats outright and not have to get them upholstered ofcourse. I may consider that option also. Not sure I can find other seats with the options of the colored stripes running down the seats but I'm going to look. @revhead347

I am about to use some aggressive language. F*CK TMI. This all started because we tried to use their replacement foam to refurbish the factory seats. We trimmed and tailored their factory replacement foam as much as possible, and it is still like sitting on a blue whale that ate a barrel of beans with chili. Never buy anything from TMI, that was $200.00 and 10 hours flushed down the drain. After finally coming out with a properly bloated whale of a seat that was finished but unusable, we took it to a professional upholstery repair that made it clear that TMI was garbage, and we needed to replace everything with quality materials.

Kurt
@revhead347 I just called them after reading some issues with having little room after installing the new seat/foam. When the guy sat in the car he noticed how much less room he had and was closer to the steering wheel and the headliner. It was 4 yrs ago that thread though. I called TMI just now and mentioned that and was told they did have an issue with a bad batch of foam that would not give and so was just a hard feel. They said the problem has been rectified since then and those customers problems were rectified. I know you still had an issue just wasn't sure how long ago it was or if it was related.

Charles