Air conditioning problems

Rekokulous

Mar 30, 2005
I just finished my PI swap a couple days ago and my AC hasn't worked since. I did some wire chasing under the hood. I chased the compressor wires to the engine harness disconnect. So after that I figured that it was low on coolant after being moved around a bunch (not disconnected). So I went to walmart and picked up some freon and shorted the low pressure cut off sensor. But when I start the car with the AC on the pump only turns on for about a second and a half. So I hooked up the Freon anyway and started and turned off my engine about 20 times with no good results.

Whats the problem?

• Sponsors (?)

i just went through the same problem with my ac. i didn't use it all winter long and i started to use it the other day since it finally got warm here in new jersey and nothing. it would only stay on for about 4 sec at the most. mine was under warranty so i took it up there and they said that the cycling switch was leaking and i can't remeber what all had to be replaced but they replaced it, pressure tested it and refilled it and it works like a champ again. my girl keeps pointing at me when i put it on max. lol.

Rekokulous said:
I just finished my PI swap a couple days ago and my AC hasn't worked since. I did some wire chasing under the hood. I chased the compressor wires to the engine harness disconnect. So after that I figured that it was low on coolant after being moved around a bunch (not disconnected). So I went to walmart and picked up some freon and shorted the low pressure cut off sensor. But when I start the car with the AC on the pump only turns on for about a second and a half. So I hooked up the Freon anyway and started and turned off my engine about 20 times with no good results.

Whats the problem?

ok there is a lot fo things that could be wrong. i would bet it's low on freon. but remember when you fill it you need too be atleast close too the amount called for.

first thing. did you disconect any a/c lines when you did the swap.