Alright, found engine problem NEED ADVICE NOW!!! ASAP!

I took off the valve cover after being towed home, the rocker arm bolt snapped off inside the head, part is still in the rocker arm, other part is stuck in the head, is there ANY way to take this out of the head without taking off the heads, i.e. extraction tool or the like????

• Sponsors (?)

You can try using an easy out, but be real careful. You can also drill it out and re-tap the hole. Give it a shot it might come out or it might really break your balls. Good luck

See if you can twist it with a pair of needle nose pliers. I don't think those bolts bottom out. The good news is that you prolly didn't hurt anything AND it should take a replacement rocker arm bolt to fix it. If worse comes to worse, you can drill the whole thing and replace it with a "HeliCoil" kit. It should all be easily done without removing the head. Depending on which side, you prolly wont have to take the upper intake off. Let us know how it goes.

Get a bolt extraction kit with left hand drill bits. You will drill the hole in the bolt in the out direction and if the bold does not bottom out then the drill bit will usually catch the bolt and unscrew it out. If not then the hole being drilled will be for the extractor and it will pull the bolt out.

Im wondering the same thing; why the hell did this happen. what caused it? improper torquing maybe? or the pushrod not aligned correctly and carved out the bowl in the rocker arm causing it to push incorrectly? I dunno, maybe someone else knows what can cause it.

try the left handed drill bit yourself... It will probably do it for you...

Used bolts can simetimes be weak... so I really wouldn't worry too much about hwy it happened if the pushrod and rocker look good...

If the extracters dont work helicoils are easy to use, autozone has helicoil kits for bout 20 bucks. I broke a bolt off in the head of my motorcycle and broke an extracter off in the broke bolt so i had to use a coil, the factory bolts screwed into the coils perfect in autozone but when u tap the hole it stretches the coil and they dont fit so match your bolt to the thread pitch of the tap in the kit not the coil. I would try this before the machine shop it will be alot cheaper. GL!

I took it to the machine shop today and got him to take it out, then they let me use their garage to re-assemble my car; so I got it up and running again, I still have a damn ticking noise though, sounds like an exhaust leak from somewhere. I just pray nothing else goes wrong before I get home sunday night!

1994Vib.RedGT said:
I took it to the machine shop today and got him to take it out, then they let me use their garage to re-assemble my car; so I got it up and running again, I still have a damn ticking noise though, sounds like an exhaust leak from somewhere. I just pray nothing else goes wrong before I get home sunday night!

the ticking sound might be a stuck lifter did you check all the lifters they will do that if they are pretty worn out or the roller tip has seized it will just be a loud ticking noise