ALternator HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

About to purchase one of the PA Performance Alternators.... One of the chioces I need to make is which config. i need to get, here are the options.

A. 2G Replacement: When replacing an internally regulated 2G Alternator (typically found from the mid 1980’s to the mid 1990’s) – Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, Ring Terminals, Shrink Tube, Mounting Bolt, Stator Plug and Instructions

B. 2G (With 2-Wire Regulator) Replacement: Like Configuration “A” some early 2G and Truck Applications used a 2G alternator, but only had two wires on the voltage regulator plug. Select this configuration if that is your vehicle. The 3G units require all three wires be used. Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, Ring Terminals, Shrink Tube, Mounting Bolt, Stator Plug and Instructions

C. 1G Replacement: (retain all stock wiring) – The early Fords used Externally Regulated Systems. The External regulator was on the fender well or radiator support. This Kit will re-use all of the stock wires, all of the original functions will still work and will allow you to use the late model 3G alternator on your older Ford. Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, New External Regulator (required), Mounting Bolt, New 3-wire Regulator Plug and Instructions

I don't know much about the regulator on my alternator so I dont understand which one i will need. THanks Alot