Aluminum Driveshaft recommendation

• Sponsors (?)

Swoope,

Thank you. From your posts here and talking with others, I am going to put an aluminum driveshaft purchase on hold.

We've had one in Scott's 2011 5.0 for 8 months without issue. Several thousand miles, repeated launches on slicks, road course action, & a couple of trips to the dyno. Scott liked it so much that an aluminum driveshaft was among the first round of mods to the company 2011!

2011 MUSTANG GT ONE-PIECE ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT INSTALLATION - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

It's a 3.5" diameter 6061 T-6 aluminum tube with .125" wall thickness. Pretty beefy!

A good friend of mine bought a driveshaft from "the mustang shop". Hehas ahd it for 2 months or so. It has a horrible vibration around 75 - 80 moh and up.

I am definitely holding off until there is one that is flawless after multiple installs.

Don't know, contact Dennis Reinhart at

Reinhart Automotive
3035 Bravo Court, Orange Park, Florida 32065
904-276-5003 Phone, 904-276-2092 Fax

Done, called Reinhart and spoke with his son Michael after I got off the phone felt very confident about ordering from them.. And yes the drive shaft does have provisions for removing the 9lb boat anchor.