American Racing rims.....need help from owners

DennisT

Oct 12, 2004
Need some input here regarding American Racing rims along with polished rims. I was first leaning toward the chrome Bullitts with the rear deep dish option and then starting looking at the Torq Thrust II (which seems to be the bullitt style equivalent) and I'm also looking at the 200S series which is kinda like the bullitt but just a little different. My question is does anyone have experience with either of these rims that can comment on the polished quality and look of the American Racing rim. Just trying to compare the quality of these to the chrome Bullitts. The one thing I've noticed is these American Racing seem to be more expensive. Just thought if I went with the 200S I could still get alot of the look but still be different then everyone out there with Bullitts.

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Hey LS2 KLR,
How would you rate the polished quality of these rims as well as the upkeep needed? I'm leaning towards the 200S but damn the prices!! Would you happen to have any pictures of yours?

LS2 KLR said:
I paid about a grand for my 17x9.5 and 17x11s from Discount Tire. Once you own 11s, it makes everything look small. Even the 10.5 bullitts are 2" smaller.

How are 10.5" Bullitts 2" smaller than your 11" rims? That is some funny math right there. :shrug:

I should have been more clear. With tires mounted the total width difference I 2". My buddy with his 03 cobra and 10.5s is upset because his look quite a bit smaller than mine even though he has 10.5" rims with the same tires. However, I'm upset because mine makes 500rwhp and his makes over 800rwhp, lol.

If I didn't have a silver car, I would have gotten chrome rims for sure. They look better and stay looking fresh for a very long time. I really like mine and they are pretty simple to clean, I just prefer chrome over polished.

skinniesangle.jpg

skinniesrear.jpg

Thanks for the pics....I have to say they do look sweet and a little different from the bullitts. I've got DSG GT and I prefer chrome but wanted to try to be a little different. I hate these freakin types of decisions. I wish they offered the 200S in chrome:(

DennisT said:
Thanks for the pics....I have to say they do look sweet and a little different from the bullitts. I've got DSG GT and I prefer chrome but wanted to try to be a little different. I hate these freakin types of decisions. I wish they offered the 200S in chrome:(
Great choice (either way, actually - the 200S or TT2s - beautiful!) The polished is really not a bad way to go though...compared to chrome. See, the bitch of chrome is, once damaged, the entire wheel has to be rechromed. With polished, it can be buffed or repaired. Yes, they are a bit more work to keep shining (whereas chrome can simply be washed and worn), but I think the tradeoff is a good one.
mustangwall640.bmp

Very good points on the polished finished.....really hadn't thought about that, thanks for the enlarged pic as well. Love those 200S. Now I have to hunt for some good prices. If anyone has any more pics I would appreciate it. Rims and tires here we come!!!