Amount of time for a I6 to 302 swap?

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I've been through this many times so please...nobody tell me not to do this because I know how you all think that I should just buy a v8 car and sell my 6 cyl. I just want to know from ya'll that have done this...how long do you think it would take to make this swap. I'm in high school and am planning on doing the swap my summer before i go off to college. During the summer I will have plenty of time to work on the car and ya'll seem to act like it takes a long time to do but for all I know that may be because ya'll have other things in your lives to do. So do ya'll think I would be able to do this swap within a summer if the engine is already built and ready to drop in?

• Sponsors (?)

If you already have the parts and the time to dedicate to it you could easily complete it over the summer. If you are only going to spend an hour or two here and there, it will take longer. If you spend some long days for a few weeks it will go fast. Do yourself a favor, Once it is all put back together, you will need to have the front end aligned anyway so have a trusted mechanic look at your suspension and make sure it as well as your brakes are safe.
good luck

Once I had everything, the swap only took a weekend. That was also with swapping in a T5 and the cable conversion.

But I also later did the rear end and complete front suspension with Granada discs. It should of went with the swap, but due to financial reasons, followed along later, and kind of spread over a couple of months, but if I had all the suspension and rear end, I'd say an additional full weekend for that as well.

And that was the first time I'd ever done any of that stuff.