and she sees the light of day for the first time in 14 months.....

• Sponsors (?)

dont go through the trouble of painting the cowl piece, just do the "magic peanut butter trick" lol. you wash it in peanut butter and it gets rid of the sun fade in a cars plastic... ya it sounds sketchy, but it works real well... theres pics on SVTP and the results are better than new!
by the way, sick car. glad to see its out of the garage, and the stance looks better than i remembered it. just a follow up from when we talked(if u remember). i got the 03 cobras and love em. plus i did the aod-e to t-5 swap and love it, it went real smooth.

dont go through the trouble of painting the cowl piece, just do the "magic peanut butter trick" lol. you wash it in peanut butter and it gets rid of the sun fade in a cars plastic... ya it sounds sketchy, but it works real well... theres pics on SVTP and the results are better than new!
by the way, sick car. glad to see its out of the garage, and the stance looks better than i remembered it. just a follow up from when we talked(if u remember). i got the 03 cobras and love em. plus i did the aod-e to t-5 swap and love it, it went real smooth.

does the oil in the peanut butter condition the plastic? :shrug:

You weren't around when I started my car for the first time after you helped me for 14 months. Same thing happened with your project. I will hear the results soon though. Man yours looks even more slammed in the front then mine did.

You weren't around when I started my car for the first time after you helped me for 14 months. Same thing happened with your project. I will hear the results soon though. Man yours looks even more slammed in the front then mine did.
history repeats itself.....as far as the front goes, i think it may have settled enough to be ok as far as rubbing. we will see the next time i bring it out.

The wiper cowl does pop out. It breaks very easily so be careful. Mine snapped in 2 places during the hood install. Hood sat alittle to far back it and hit. Snapped it in 2 places very easily.

ya, it just reconditions what the sun has taken out of it. i suppose it would technically be temporary,. but eveything is technically temporary, even paint. i dont know much more about how it works, but i have seen a few guys who have done it and it looks great, and lasted one of the guys a few years before he started seeing sun fading again. i dont know if this is a typical time for it to last.... but like i said there are a few threads on svtperformance.com about it. i will be doin it in spring time, as goofy as it sounds.

Congrats Roger. I showed my wife and told her how much more money went into it. She regrets me selling it. She thinks If I kept it I would be done spending money. LOL Jokes on her!!! You know you are going to have to paint it now! What colors are you thinking of?