Another A/C and Smog delete question

MoveImL8

Jun 23, 2011
Ok I have the FMR a/c delete kit that moves the power steering pump up. Im not running the smog pump either. I have a 88 GT 5L. I have searched to find what belt to use with no prevail. I baught every belt that I could find. The closest belt that would work is 74.5 and the next size smaller is 73.5 and it was too small. I want to run the tensioner. The problem that I have with the 74.5 is that the belt rubs against each other between the tensioner and where the belt comes off the water pump. The belt number that I have on the car now is 6K739 and its too big. I tried the 6K733 and it was too small. I think if I could find a 6K735 that it will be just right. Does anyone know if this belt is even out there. If someone knows exactly what belt I need that would be I would also appreciate that info as well.

Thanks. This is my first mustang so Im a bit of noob.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a smog pump delete bracket with a free spinning pulley on it from UPR. I used that to keep my belt from rubbing neaR the tensioner.
Not sure if that will hekp you,

No need for delete pulleys, you just need to change the belt routing

61260d1234543643-short-belt-routing-1sptech_50belts.gif

Use the top right. (blue) just pretend in thismcase the a/c pulley is really the power steering pulley here. Use a peice of string with this routing and run it around the pulleys and measure. Should get you close enough to buy a few belts and get the roght one