Another Gt Goes Down - Defective Heads!!!

Longhorn94 said:
jen: you are, once again, completely wrong. first, my post was not a solicitation. it was an informative post for other owners and also one seeking information to find out how wide spread the problem is. I don't like class actions and have never filed one. If this were a widespread problem, which it isn't, then there might be a need for a CLA. but it wouldn't be filed or handled by me. however, I referred to it in my initial post because it could be a possibility and I wanted to make sure Ford paid attention. It had absolutely nothing to do with soliciting business. And its laughable you would think so.

next, I never admitted you were right. the posts I deleted were only sidetracking the thread and after further reflection, I decided to edit and keep the thread on point. when i said "i posted that for a reason" i meant i posted the entire thread and the CLA reference for the reasons cited above...ie to share with my fellow owners, to find out if others were experiencing the same problem and to make sure i had Ford's attention. you completely misunderstood my post. you were wrong then about me soliciting members for a CLA and you are wrong now. it doesn't get any simpler.

third, you are wrong about what I posted being against any rules. even if I was looking for members for a CLA, which I wasn't, soliciting potential members by making a post on a car forum is completely and absolutely permissible. it doesn't violate one single rule of ethics or any of the disciplinary rules of my state. I don't know what you do for a living, but its obvious you don't know the rules governing lawyers and advertising/soliciting.

that said, you sound like a nice and intelligent girl and i appreciate your well wishes. I hope Ford follows my dealer's recommendation.

now back to the thread, no I have not ever beaten on the car. no mods to the car whatsoever. never been wrecked or to the track. no nos. no nothing.

I'm not trying to get something out of this other than what Ford owes me: a car without major manufacturing defects. And apparently, the FORD DEALERSHIP AGREES WITH ME!

thanks for the support to those who have provided it. my thread was meant as informative and helpful to other owners and also to lay the ground work if further action was necessary with Ford. I expected it to be well received and supported

Jason,

I am not sure what state you are located in, but in California under the State BAR of California - Rules of Profession Section 1-400 "Advertising and Solicitation" you would have been procluded from doing what you did here.

Since I am not an attorney I will not tell you your professional rules of conduct in any other state.

However, plain and simple, what you did was unprofessional. :notnice:

I have been wrong before, and I will be wrong in the future, but what sets you and I apart is that when I am wrong, I can admit it. :nice:

Enjoy the new GT.

Jennifer

• Sponsors (?)

Longhorn94 said:
jen: you are, once again, completely wrong. first, my post was not a solicitation. it was an informative post for other owners and also one seeking information to find out how wide spread the problem is. I don't like class actions and have never filed one. If this were a widespread problem, which it isn't, then there might be a need for a CLA. but it wouldn't be filed or handled by me. however, I referred to it in my initial post because it could be a possibility and I wanted to make sure Ford paid attention. It had absolutely nothing to do with soliciting business. And its laughable you would think so.

next, I never admitted you were right. the posts I deleted were only sidetracking the thread and after further reflection, I decided to edit and keep the thread on point. when i said "i posted that for a reason" i meant i posted the entire thread and the CLA reference for the reasons cited above...ie to share with my fellow owners, to find out if others were experiencing the same problem and to make sure i had Ford's attention. you completely misunderstood my post. you were wrong then about me soliciting members for a CLA and you are wrong now. it doesn't get any simpler.

third, you are wrong about what I posted being against any rules. even if I was looking for members for a CLA, which I wasn't, soliciting potential members by making a post on a car forum is completely and absolutely permissible. it doesn't violate one single rule of ethics or any of the disciplinary rules of my state. I don't know what you do for a living, but its obvious you don't know the rules governing lawyers and advertising/soliciting.

that said, you sound like a nice and intelligent girl and i appreciate your well wishes. I hope Ford follows my dealer's recommendation.

now back to the thread, no I have not ever beaten on the car. no mods to the car whatsoever. never been wrecked or to the track. no nos. no nothing.

I'm not trying to get something out of this other than what Ford owes me: a car without major manufacturing defects. And apparently, the FORD DEALERSHIP AGREES WITH ME!

thanks for the support to those who have provided it. my thread was meant as informative and helpful to other owners and also to lay the ground work if further action was necessary with Ford. I expected it to be well received and supported

Wow, very informative :rolleyes:

Alec said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Recall!! Ask the folks at LS1.com circa 2001 about recalls.
Hell look at this http://www.pistonslap.com/ and this http://www.nissantireproblems.com/. and I'm sure there are many others. Man, this brand loyalty stuff goes beyond all rational.
These forums are great for "You mean I'm not the only one?" factor. How else can we know when the dealer says "it's normal", it's not normal! These cars are under warranty. Make FoMoCo Fix or Buy back. I will never get yanked around by a car maker again.
For those that have problems, don't let the love of your car blind you.

BTW a few in production terms may mean thousands.

I completely agree, Alec. Many people on this forum just don't understand that a car company is a BUSINESS. Big business, at that. It is here to make money, and like every other big business in America, it will do whatever it can to protect its assets.

Their criteria for automotive recalls are based on a FINANCIAL/REPUTATION FORMULA, not the amount of heartache, hardship, or the numbers of disgruntled customers a particulair design problem will cause the consumer. They only start to worry when the financial cost of the recall is far outweighed by potential lawsuits and loss of customers.

I love Ford products, but I am intelligent enough to realize that no matter how much I love Ford, it's still big business. They will only help you to a point. If they see a problem that is their fault but affects their bottom line significantly, they will do everything in their power to avoid taking responsibility for that particulair problem. It's not a knock against Ford, big business, or Capitalism. It's just the nature of beast. If you recognize that and prepare yourself, you'll usually win out in the end. That's why we have courts and lawyers. Yes, some people try to abuse the system, but there are bad people in every profession and walk of life. :nice: