Another new best tonight!

• Sponsors (?)

Nice times at the track.:) But, I think your weight reduction is a "little" over stated. Everything in your list totals to 440 lbs. That is not a realistic figure representative of your weight reduction modifications. 110 lb savings with two front race seats??? The two front leather seats barely weigh that combined. 90 lbs from the k-member and control arms??

How much do you weigh?

Actually, have you ever weighed the 2 front seats...???? I have been comparing weight redux number between the web sits and found discrepencies between model years and weather its a vert or coupe. For example, door bars weight differently between coupe and vert. One 97 vert pulled off 14 lbs between both door bars and one coupe claimed 40 lbs for both. some claim 22 lbs from the rear bumper on one model year and mine pulled off 37 lbs. The leather driver seat with full electrical motor weighs about 79 lbs. My NEX racing seats weigh 10 lbs a piece!

"ED"

Actually, have you ever weighed the 2 front seats...???? I have been comparing weight redux number between the web sits and found discrepencies between model years and weather its a vert or coupe. For example, door bars weight differently between coupe and vert. One 97 vert pulled off 14 lbs between both door bars and one coupe claimed 40 lbs for both. some claim 22 lbs from the rear bumper on one model year and mine pulled off 37 lbs. The leather driver seat with full electrical motor weighs about 79 lbs. My NEX racing seats weigh 10 lbs a piece!

"ED"

Yes, I have weighed the front seats. I've weighed many Mustang parts. Here is the front leather seat with all hardware and motor. The aluminum motorcycle stand used to hold the seat steady on the scale weighed exactly 6.8 lbs leaving the seat at exactly 60 lbs.

View attachment 406164

No way your seat weighs 19 lbs more. I'm sure you can appreciate how this creates skepticism for the accuracy of the rest of your claimed weights.:)

410's, shifts at 6050 1-2, 6100 from 2-3.....and both come back in at 5250 after shift with a PI 3200 stall....and trango stage III shift kit.........

"ED"
i was wondering why your mph was low for your et and then i started to read your shift points and was like :bs: stock head/cam 2vs 5spds dont do well when shifted that high

auto's are great. there is a guy on corral(a couple years ago) running low 12's with a very similar setup

Yes, I have weighed the front seats. I've weighed many Mustang parts. Here is the front leather seat with all hardware and motor. The aluminum motorcycle stand used to hold the seat steady on the scale weighed exactly 6.8 lbs leaving the seat at exactly 60 lbs.

View attachment 406152

No way your seat weighs 19 lbs more. I'm sure you can appreciate how this creates skepticism for the accuracy of the rest of your claimed weights.:)

Thats cool bro...I am not here to claim your scale or my scale is right or wrong....just the bottom line my ride weighed 3150 at the track scale and 3160 at the coca-cola truck scale only difference was approximate fuel.......the car weighed 2 years ago before we me in it 3610. There are a few other parts and some of the weights I posted were estimates........but the car is definately 400+ lbs lighter now and makes a huge difference! I only recently started weighing parts because of different weights of items between model years. Sorry if some of the estimations were rough but most are correct!

"ED"

i was wondering why your mph was low for your et and then i started to read your shift points and was like :bs: stock head/cam 2vs 5spds dont do well when shifted that high

auto's are great. there is a guy on corral(a couple years ago) running low 12's with a very similar setup

Yes auto love the rev.......my car actually makes useable HP to 6100 rpms......its still at about 250hp and 230 tq at that rpm and acutally come in at the next gear right at the peak HP/TQ range......268/305 at 5200..........I ported out my accufab plenum a bit and it seemed to slightly raise or broaden the power band. I also use the AFM power pipe and the C&L 85 Maf......so the air is comming in strong.....before that set up it only made usable power to 5800 rpms......

"ED"

Thats cool bro...I am not here to claim your scale or my scale is right or wrong....just the bottom line my ride weighed 3150 at the track scale and 3160 at the coca-cola truck scale only difference was approximate fuel.......the car weighed 2 years ago before we me in it 3610. There are a few other parts and some of the weights I posted were estimates........but the car is definately 400+ lbs lighter now and makes a huge difference! I only recently started weighing parts because of different weights of items between model years. Sorry if some of the estimations were rough but most are correct!

"ED"

No biggie, I just don't want people to get false hopes of losing lot's of weight from just a few parts.

You said the 3150 was with you in it right? Have you weighed the car by itself? Sounds like it is under the 3000 mark. That's a nice weight.

I can vouch for this car for sure!! If the 3150 was w/ him in the car then it should definitely be below 3000! We gotta ride out to Darlington as soon as I finish up a few more things w/ my car Ed!

I will post some pics when I get home........but they are NEX seats.......I believe you can still get them.......best part of the seat are you can take the cussions out and wash them......they velcro in.........pretty comfortable when you get in them.....just have to get use to getting into them.....LOL

"ED"