Any Canadian stangers near Niagra Falls?

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
I'm headed to the Canadian side of the falls at the end of this week and wondered if any of you northern neighbors live around there? I think Caldwell said he did, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, I'm headed up on thursday and will be there until saturday. If anyone is near there and wants to meet up for a few Molson's let me know. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Paul,
yeah man I live in the falls...
you're there thursday/friday and gone saturday huh?

lemme check my schedule.

I work tomorrow
but chances are I'll be working till 11pm both of those nights.
What did ya have in mind?

69Clark- I'm not sure of my exact route yet, but I'll be leaving from Pittsburgh on thursday as I have a meeting there with a new account, but I'll be returning straight to Altoona. If I had to guess I'd travel to the falls via route 79 in PA to route 90 I think towards Buffalo. On the way home I usually take a small 2 lane road, which is route 219 that I pick up near Bradford PA (near the Zippo museum if anyone knows where that is).

Caldwell- I have no plans as of yet, other than dinner at the Skylon (sp) on friday. Maybe we can go out afterwards and meet up at a bar or something, I have a DD! :) This is the last trip my wife and I have planned to take with just the two of us as our baby girl is scheduled to be born in May.

I'll be coming up in my ford focus if the weather is going to be OK. I know its supposed to be in the upper 60's here, so I'm hoping it'll be nice there too, I need to check.

I don't think we'd be up for partying all night due to the fact that my wife is prego, but I thought it'd be cool to meet up and have a beer or 4 if anyone is up for it.

Hey, all right.
Well, yes I am down for a small get together, that's for sure. And I totally understand what you mean about timing, I wouldn't want to party all night long either with a wife who was expecting...

I work both nights, thursday till 11 and friday till 10

I will be driving my Yukon as the stang won't see the streets till about May 1st.
Uhhhhm,
if you want to stick to the falls, I'd probably suggest Boston Pizza? or something of that nature. I'm not sure what kind of place you were thinking of, ie:
a club, a bar, a nice sit down and chat for a few drinks kinda place?
BP on Montrose I think is the best place for that.

And: are you fixed on friday night? or does thursday matter?
which day for sure?

I'll PM you with our hotel info and such. I'm thinking a sit down and grab a few beers kind of place would be best. I don't know how well thursday night will work for me since I will have had such a long day that I can almost garantee that I'll be ready for bed at about the time your getting off work. I have about a 5hr drive up there and a HUGE meeting early that morning. Let me know your thoughts.

Killercanary said:
I'll PM you with our hotel info and such. I'm thinking a sit down and grab a few beers kind of place would be best. I don't know how well thursday night will work for me since I will have had such a long day that I can almost garantee that I'll be ready for bed at about the time your getting off work. I have about a 5hr drive up there and a HUGE meeting early that morning. Let me know your thoughts.

Friday it is ;)
It didn't really matter to me... i work on both evenings so it works out for me.
sit down and beer it in the falls, yeah, boston pizza is my favourite place for that.
so let's do that then, i'm up for that!
keep me posted on details... and i look forward to meetin ya on friday then :nice: