Any major differences between the Fox and 94-95 Stangs?

• Sponsors (?)

Well there's a both a Fox and 95 GT for sale, for roughly 5k a piece. Both have about 100k miles on it, and little mods done to them. Exhaust being the biggest if I remember correctly. And I was just wondering, which one had the greater potential and better stock power/driveability.

The SN95 puters are more finicky. With any decent cam (that would work on a MAF fox), a tune is often needed for the SN.

The reduced hood height on the SN limits some things.

The SN, IMHO, is a better DD (stiffer, 3G, brakes, interior is nicer IMHO, etc) but the foxes can be more visceral and fun. In a situation like yours, I would throw all that out the window and just pick which car is individually the best of the pair.

Good luck.

I picked the SN95 because of the 4 wheel disc brakes, airbags, and a nice interior. The hood isn't all that low on the SN95, I have a 3/8" spacer under my trickflow intake and I still have no clearance issues. For a stripper drag/race car go with a fox. If you are going to leave the interior nice, go with theh SN95.

I'll post pics for you guys, and both interiors/exteriors are immaculate.

55.jpg

119.jpg

58.jpg

Edit: A new fox was posted on the site (the silver one.)

considering they're all 5spds, id take the hatchback first and notch second (dont much like that color notch)

the sn95 would be a nice DD as stated, but just not the classy feel i get from a fox

what makes the notch cost $1000 more than the hatchback? I'm partial to the red hatchback. You could prob. spend less than $2000 ($6950-4950=$2000) and have a brake upgrade, subframe connectors, rear gears, shifter, and maybe some other stuff if you can do some of your own work and play your cards right. However, $5000 for a mostly stock fox w/ 100,000 miles is high if you ask me...might depend on your area.

Show up w/ no more than $4000 cash and you might be driving that red hatchback home

Well, to me, I generally like the body of the SN95 more...but a Fox is still a classy ride. I guess a test drive can solve all of this :). I'll list the mods on them, since I just found their descriptions on the site...

Notch: '93 Mustang Coupe, 5.0, 5speed, Rare Silver Car, Cobra Intake, B-Cam, R-Rockers, Gears, Full exhaust, Weld Wheels, Runs great, $5950

Hatchback: '90 Mustang LX, 5.0, 5speed, Pony wheels, cam, full exhaust, 3.55 gears, cobra spoiler, performance red, grey int. $4950

SN95: '95 Mustang GT, 5.0 H.O., 5 speed, Grey Leather, Air Cond, Elect. Windows/Locks, 16" wheels, MAC exhaust, runs & drives good, $6950

Its tough to say, but I like them all. I have a green 95 just like that one, and its been great. You get 4 wheel disc brakes, 5-lug, better steering geometry, airbags, better interior, better stereo, better gears, boxed control arms, strut tower brace and k-member brace standard. The 95 is harder to work on, and there are less parts available since its almost a one-off with the 94. You only get 2 years of that car so its an oddball as far as motor goes. The price is way too high though. I bought my 95 2 years ago as a san diego car with 98k on it, and it was exactly $6000 out the door with tax and title, and it had the chrome 17s on it, not the 16s. I think I got a steal on it if you ask me. Tell him it doesnt have leather or the 17s so no deal. Remember, its 2 years older now than when I bought mine. I'd say the car is worth no more than $5500 especially if it has seen winters. ****, Im looking to sell mine so I can buy an old Chevelle. Its exactly like that one but with black leather, fresh clear headlights, and 99 Cobras on it, and 128k now. Id sell it for $5000.