Any Turbo's yet for the GT?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I looked at that site yesterday but it says "currently under development". I was wondering if there were any turbo's out there available and if anyone on this forum has actually installed and what the performance is compared to the s/c.

05Stangster said:
Seems like the turbo(s) would not be as hard on the motor in the long run. Any word on turbos coming out for the GT? I wonder what hp/tq they would add.
I think they are likely to be as hard or worse on the engine to be honest, and I suspect to retain any reliability they will offer similar performance numbers to the s/c's. To make it safe to run bigger bhp numbers will require a full rebuild and a low CR engine.

The s/c route is probably safer as there is a lot more history from many different companies covering all the variants of the mod V8 family, even among the Cobra's and older GT's there are not many turbo setups. They also cost a lot more too.

And besides a good twin screw setup will see over 700rwhp on the older 2v engine, how much power do you really need?

300bhp/ton, common, get real. Look at what you wrote, then at part of your signature! You crack me up!

QUOTE:
"And besides a good twin screw setup will see over 700rwhp on the older 2v engine, how much power do you really need?"

PART OF SIGNATURE
"Too Much Power is Just Enough!"

:lol:

05Stangster said:
300bhp/ton, common, get real. Look at what you wrote, then at part of your signature! You crack me up!

QUOTE:
"And besides a good twin screw setup will see over 700rwhp on the older 2v engine, how much power do you really need?"

PART OF SIGNATURE
"Too Much Power is Just Enough!"

:lol:
what can I say :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol:

I'm a hippocrit (or however its spelt).

Just thought it was a cool saying, got it from the once head of Ford SVO but I can't remeber his name. They where demoing a 10.4 litre (if memory serves) Mustang. Sounds awesome but alas I can find no info on it know. I do hope it wasn't a memory clitch :shrug:

Turbo's are alot easier on the motor because they aren't always under boost but they are more expensive...that being said if you run the same psi on a turbo that you would on the blower it will be harder on the engine because its gonna be making alot more power without the parasitic loss from a blower. I spoke with Ultimate Racing and their kit is just waiting for tuning from either diablo or superchips to meet the needs, they can't get the tune exactly right as of yet because the current chips don't have enough features. The numbers are impressive though for 3.5psi, turbo will always make more power then a blower if done right and make better more efficient power at that

blackbulletgt said:
Turbo's are alot easier on the motor because they aren't always under boost but they are more expensive...that being said if you run the same psi on a turbo that you would on the blower it will be harder on the engine because its gonna be making alot more power without the parasitic loss from a blower. I spoke with Ultimate Racing and their kit is just waiting for tuning from either diablo or superchips to meet the needs, they can't get the tune exactly right as of yet because the current chips don't have enough features. The numbers are impressive though for 3.5psi, turbo will always make more power then a blower if done right and make better more efficient power at that

Just to clarify no forced induction setup, supercharger or turbo is always "under boost." If so they would build tremendous heat, etc..All of them are controlled by the loud pedal. A roots and twin screw supercharger are the most responsive, although a turbo can be set up to be almost as responsive however it may suffer in total power. A centifugal builds boost with RPM's and will never match the low end response the other's have, but they do make awesome power up top. A turbo is easier on the engine because it does not run off the factory crank and the power delivery is generally smoother. It has nothing to do with boost.

Thanks Mike