any u guys with bikes?

95WhiteVenom

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Alabama
Well (possible) new job is gonna allow me play money. :banana: Need a toy that gets better MPG than the snake so I want a bike. My dad has ridden them for years and now its passed on. I really want one. Any you guys know whats a good 600? Price? Good models? Whats reasonable for new and used?
I've ridden dirt bikes a lot when i was little but i dont know a whole lot about sprot bikes. :shrug: I do have my eye on a CBR 600 F4i right now cause my friend has one.
Any info would be appreciated
thanks
-chris

• Sponsors (?)

if u want a decently quick 600, look into a cbr 600rr/f4i or a kawasaki ninja. now if u want a good handling bike, get a gsxr 600. i'll be getting one pretty soon so if u want some feedback on the gsxr, lemme know

I have ridden them all.
IMO The GSXR is the Best with kawasaki 600 next.
Wheeleys at 80MPH And I busted out a 1:56 lap time Thats the best I have ever done at our track here in Washington. On the GSXR. The CBR shakes at 148 MPH and suckes in corners only squeaked out a 2:04 lap time.
The freaking Kawasaki loves corners best lap time 1:58

OH buy the way I ride For KENT Kawasaki
http://www.kentkawasaki.com

How come nobody has mentioned the Yamaha R6's? Those are pimp bikes! Not to mention they come with the most power stock (123hp vs. GSXR's 115hp 05 models) and they are a little lighter too if I remember correctly. They have a real good balance too.

Chris I don't know much since I just started looking too, but usually for a newer model 02+ you're looking at prices of $5500 and up for a <20k mile bike.

yea i got on the CBR forum and joined but have decided away from the bike for now. Look like if the new job comes through its gonna the H/C/I and juice. Then the car will be done and time to start saving for my down payment on an 03-04 Cobra. Sonic Blue or Black Coupe.

95WhiteVenom said:
yea i got on the CBR forum and joined but have decided away from the bike for now. Look like if the new job comes through its gonna the H/C/I and juice. Then the car will be done and time to start saving for my down payment on an 03-04 Cobra. Sonic Blue or Black Coupe.

Thats cool. Bikes are alot of fun but come w/ alot more risk and responsbility then a car does. I had owned a Mustang since I was 17 yrs old ( Im 28 now ) and was on my third one so it was just time for something new/diffrent. If I had taken all the money I spent on the stang in mods and set that aside I could have bought a bike outright w/ cash...... pretty adicting hobby.

BrutalStang said:
Striped5.0, nice bike man. hondas are too expensive for me, but they are definatly still a great bike. how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

$8,600 marked down from $8,900. The cheapest one I saw went for $8,200 so I paid a little more but still made out alright.

man, they must be cheaper up in maine(which is where i took a weeks vacation this month :nice: ) but a comparable 600 honda around here is about 10k. i guess its location? or are my honda dealers messing with me?

BrutalStang said:
man, they must be cheaper up in maine(which is where i took a weeks vacation this month :nice: ) but a comparable 600 honda around here is about 10k. i guess its location? or are my honda dealers messing with me?

wow 10K for a 600. Thats f'ing nuts. I saw a 1300 BUSA going for 11K at the same Dealer and a ZX-10 for 10K

They had a ZX-6, Two CBR 600 RR's a gixer 750 and none of them were over $9,000