Anybody launch off their rev limiter? (aftermarket valvetrain stock bottom?)

• Sponsors (?)

Been there done that on two cars...

My car with E7s (aftermarlet valve train though) and my dads 91 with GT40Ps, and a stock bottem end (stock cam as well).

Both cars saw weaker 60's times with this technique. My car I did it to try and go faster, and found it spun too much, but liked about 5000 on a decent track.

My dads car I did it before he got his two step in competition. I could cut much better lights (pro tree) not worrying about the launch and just slamming the car off the limiter. I used to have a video of me launching his car off the limiter, but not sure if its still on the comp.

The factory limiter compared to a two step can be a nerve racking place. The whole car goes into a violent shake until you drop the hammer! I think its fun, but some people might be scared of it!

25thmustang said:
Been there done that on two cars...

My car with E7s (aftermarlet valve train though) and my dads 91 with GT40Ps, and a stock bottem end (stock cam as well).

Both cars saw weaker 60's times with this technique. My car I did it to try and go faster, and found it spun too much, but liked about 5000 on a decent track.

My dads car I did it before he got his two step in competition. I could cut much better lights (pro tree) not worrying about the launch and just slamming the car off the limiter. I used to have a video of me launching his car off the limiter, but not sure if its still on the comp.

The factory limiter compared to a two step can be a nerve racking place. The whole car goes into a violent shake until you drop the hammer! I think its fun, but some people might be scared of it!

haha that sounds like fun, Ive spun 1st hard off the rev limiter (screwing around on the street) and then slammed second, and i think it sounds pretty sick lol, you never really hear v8's do it, it screams up top too lol.