anyone Drifting a mustang ?

Everyone likes drifting!

fddce177.gif

But since the import guys have embraced it, it has become taboo

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang03 said:

:lol:

streetstang03 said:
jesus...whos in charge of revoking mustang licenses??

this what you're looking for? :rlaugh:

View attachment 442088

Like I said before... if you enjoy drifting and it makes you happy, then more power to you. I know theres a hell of a lot of skill involved w/ getting that car to go sideways and stay stable, I give anyone that can do that a lot of credit. That being said, it's not for me.

Drifting is esentially pointless. Its like monster trucks, loud expensive and a big waste of tires.

Drifting was created by a guy who used his race skill to block other drivers throught the turns. then others liked it so much they did it in the hills of Japan.

I dont like it because its really all flash and no substance. What i mean is there is no effective way to acurately judge it because its not a timeable event. and its current judging scores it by "style". unlike all other sports where you can look at times, distance,or points, it is left up to the judges on hand to say if it looked cool.

Many people that say "i respect them cause i could never do that" well, actually you probably could. its no different than driving a pick-up down a dirt road. Its all about counter steering and throttle control.

And i love the line drifters use "drag racing is so boring, its just driving straight and flooring it". most of them dont understand the time and effort in setting up a reliable drag car. however to drift all you need is a good differential and bad tires in the rear.

I respect rally drivers WAY more than drifters. +500hp on the dirt @ WOT, that takes skill. if you dont think so go buy a gt500 and hit some dirt roads.

I personally LOVE the paint job. I would definately like to see more pictures. I think you are doing the opposite of a "RestoMod". Its very unique, and I am all about being different and trying something new.

As far as the drifting goes, I am extremely jealous. I wanted to learn to do that as well, but I was too scared of wrecking it. I looks like you have the basics down pat. Are you using the e-brake? What mods do you have? Do you have an extra set of wheels and tires for the track?

most people hate drifting for the simple fact that its not racing. its figure skating in your car. you are judged by how pretty your spins are. i dont have a problem with it, but it draws alot of stupid people and punks.

and a 04 GT is a poor choice to do it in. short lock to lock steering and a sloppy 4 link rear end. you can fix the back but not the front.

thomas91169 said:
sooooo

in other words, it once was a nice car, now its just basically another ricer with a flat maaco paint job?

:lol:
True. thats what most ricers do. take a decent car and make it as unrespectable as possible.

I wouldnt be suprised if he installed Z3 fenders and an alluminum wing.:rlaugh: