Anyone Else Buy Stuff You Don't Need?

Here's another piece of classic ford 80s electronics

Haven't tested it yet. Currently airing out on my back porch because it reeks of cigarette smoke.

IMG_8592.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Old skool. They sandwich between your stock computer and harness. 2 dials, one controls rpm limit and the second controls afr at wot....theoretically. rev limiter does work for sure, never had a wideband on my car to verify afr.

Joe

I’d be a little nervous to use one of those. :shrug:. Have any of you guys used those before?

Yes, I have the rev limiter set to 6800 then use my msd to limit the rpms to 6600. Have the afr knob set to 13:1....it only has .5 increments. I have sprayed my car a handful of times with it and so far the plugs look ok. From the research I did, it looks like some really fast cars were using them back in the 90's when aftermarket ecu's were almost non existent. I bought it as a temporary bandaid to get past the stock limiter, but it has been on the car for almost 4 years.

Joe

Sooooo..... Not a good buy?
Pro-Comp Electronics is owned by an Australian and makes all their stuff in China.

I'm a big fan of using their intake stud kit, fuel pump block-off plates, and other parts where durability isn't an issue, because the quality is pretty decent, the cost is outstanding, and again, on areas of the engine where durability isn't an issue, why the hell not?

All of that said, I do have one of their HEI-style distributors for a Ford 302 under the desk with a Demon carb for an engine that I'll one of these days finish putting back together and selling... no idea how well that distributor is going to work though.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have pictures yet, but I just made a deal on a 1993 GT. Complete running driving car. 5 speed, opal gray interior...$400. Gonna part it out....yep. I am. It has slight front end damage, rusted to hell hatch, and back taxes that simply don't make it worth saving. So I will end up with a complete 5 speed setup, 5.0 engine, complete opal gray interior, etc. etc. I like deals like this.....I'm sure I will get my $400 back quickly....

Reactions: 2 users