Anyone have custom Subframe Connectors or know how to make pair

• Sponsors (?)

well, the basic piping and tools should be similar... welding points would be what you'd have to figure out...

it's probably one of those things where, after you've seen it installed, u could figure out a better/cheaper way to make them next time, even though there won't be one

that fox article is a start, maybe you could just take the small pic from global west or kb and try and supersize the plans?

I bought the sqaure steel for 10 bucks, cut them to size, and welded them in for free.. Then agian i had the welder, chop saw, and knowledge to do so..
I believe they were 62" or 50 somthing inches long.. from front to back. Its easy, once you get under the car to see the exact lenght they need to be. Cross braces are easy to make too.

I never did take any pics, but its a fairly easy design, job.. They do have to be slightly contoured to fit the chasiss.
gota be carefull and try not too heat up the bottom side too much.. dont want to catch the carpet on fire,lol . Just keep a spray bottle nearby, or a wet towel.

OinkAodeOink said:
gota be carefull and try not too heat up the bottom side too much.. dont want to catch the carpet on fire,lol . Just keep a spray bottle nearby, or a wet towel.

LOL, i remember when me and my brother were installing mine. after welding it up i opened the door and it was a little smokey inside. then when i started the car up the smoke blew out of the vents. :owned:

hahaha memorys. the smell stayed for about a week untill it was all gone.

i hate winters. i miss my car :(

OinkAodeOink said:
I bought the sqaure steel for 10 bucks, cut them to size, and welded them in for free.. Then agian i had the welder, chop saw, and knowledge to do so..
I believe they were 62" or 50 somthing inches long.. from front to back. Its easy, once you get under the car to see the exact lenght they need to be. Cross braces are easy to make too.

I never did take any pics, but its a fairly easy design, job.. They do have to be slightly contoured to fit the chasiss.

i've got access to the steel, welder, chop saw... but lacking in knowledge. Next time you have the car in the air, u think you could take a pic? thanks,

-Chris

I just realized a co-worked friend of mine has been attending votec for a while as a welder, and isn't too shabby at it.. so I figure I'll have him weld mine up and save a buck or two.. problem is he's never even heard of subframe connectors, so where do these need to be welded? anyone have pictures?

got them from blueovalindustries on eBay.

Heres the link to the unpainted ones that i bought. you can get them powdercoated, but i think thats silly, cuz you gotta grind it off to weld them on anyway, so i saved myself the 10 bucks and bought the bare ones and undercoated them after the weld.

Looks like they bumped them up to 40 bucks, but still... save yourself the headache of measuring, cutting, etc... and get them pre-made and shipped to your doorstep.

Mine work awesome. Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=4513616062&category=42611&sspagename=WDVW

pickardracing said:
got them from blueovalindustries on eBay.

Heres the link to the unpainted ones that i bought. you can get them powdercoated, but i think thats silly, cuz you gotta grind it off to weld them on anyway, so i saved myself the 10 bucks and bought the bare ones and undercoated them after the weld.

Looks like they bumped them up to 40 bucks, but still... save yourself the headache of measuring, cutting, etc... and get them pre-made and shipped to your doorstep.

Mine work awesome. Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=4513616062&category=42611&sspagename=WDVW

You got them from blueovalindusrties , i bought upper and lower control arms from them, works great and cheap if hell

Thank you bro for the link
I will just but that sabframe from them :nice:, i can' beat their prices

ernan, did you look at those things? they're just like 1" metal tubing with seat tie-ins. i made a comment to paul in another thread where we were discussing subframes and he said the gw ones weren't straight pieces like that one but they bent for ground clearance. if you're giong to get those, u might as well just make them

yeah, but seriously, why go through all the trouble of cutting, measuring, making the seatbrackets, etc... Just to save a whole 5-10 bucks?

Makes no sense to me, im happy as hell with mine, made a huge difference.

And btw, once you install these, they suck up to the floorpan and i have zero ground clearance issues. Id trust a straight piece rather than those pre bent kind. Think about it.

ok, well, my reasoning for making them instead of buying those would be because those are plain unpainted/sealed SQUARE piping, and the seat brace is universal, and looks a little flimsy on the outside of the holes...

instead, i would buy the the gw and weld them up OR use round piping and be able to make sturdier seat braces. Plus, you're more like saving $40 b/c i could get the tubing at a local metal yard for like $10 + some for the seat braces (2" tubing) ~$5 which is the price for shipping... that's just me, i'm more of a DIYer

anybody know why those guys are using square piping instead of round? i believe round is less prone to torsion/bending etc?

merry christmas
-Chris

Round piping being less prone to bending is a common misconception.

Take any piece of round piping and a square of the same size, i guarantee youll be able to bend the rod before the box.