Anyone in here know about cub cadet mowers?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Any one in here know about cub cadet mowers? I found a 50 inch zero turn for sale, was thinking about getting it for my own yard and starting to do some yards on the side for extra money, just wondering about them, 2004 model. It has a 50 inch cut and has a 22 hp Briggs & Stratton V-Twin OVD engine with 282 hours on it. What is it really worth?

• Sponsors (?)

maybe a 1000 depending on shape.

I own a landscaping company and when you start cutting lawns the type of deck and the engine will start to come into play. This cub cadet probably has a stamped deck and they are not for commerical use. The briggs engine arent really up to snuff either for everyday use and commercial cutting. kawasaki engines are the way to go no doubt about. I looked at a cub earler this year at the home depot and the guy working there told me not to buy it. lol. He said if you do this for a living go to an exmark dealer, he was right. I went right to my equiptment dealer and bought a brand new 50'' lazer Z hp exmark for 6700 out the door with a 19 hp kawasaki on it. It was a great choice im very happy i didnt spend 3 grand on the cub cadet at the home depot. Also the mower your looking at has high hours for a being a homwoners mower, how old is it?

He said he thought it was a 04 model, he is supposed to be emailing me some more pics and info, the seller said the mower new was $3400. In the ad he is asking $2400 which I thought was a little high considering the age/normal wear and tear and the engine hours. Just trying to figure out what it's REALLY worth. IMO the zero turns are nice mowers but are still OVERPRICED. I am in no need or hurry for a mower, just looking at upgrading if the price is right, had threw in the thought of mowing some yards on the side for extra $$$$ if this mower was cut out for such.

2400 is way too much for that mower. It has high hours for being a homeowner mower first of all. And second you its already 4 years old. thirdly you can get the mower brand new at home depot for 3000. "Also i believe the one i saw at the depot had a kawasaki on it.

Yea, I have decided to not buy that mower, he sent some more pics, looks like it's worth about $1200 to me, I came across a John deere L120 today that is MINT in like new condition with low hours, I may just buy it, should be all the mower I will ever need