anyone know how good this amp is?

RedHot91GT

Jan 24, 2003
Surprise, AZ
I have a Sapphire(by phoenix gold) amp. Its called a Sa1.5x. I just would like to know a little about this amp. Im dumb when it comes to audio stuff, so is this good? or crap? It looks pretty big to me which probably means nothing. Quality also looks good. Heres a site that basically shows all the spec's on it. scroll down to the SA1.5X. It feels like a whole different language to me. thanks
http://www.phoenixgold.com/webfaq/Sapphire.htm

• Sponsors (?)

That is a fine amp, if it has nothing wrong with it. It hasn't been produced for some time. It would be awesome for bridging the 4 channels to 2 for a really good component set up front, and for a modest subwoofer. I have a Hifonics 5 channel with similar specs in my truck, and it suits me to a T. If someone is bass crazy, then it's a little weak in the sub department. But, it's more than adequate for a nice efficient sub that needs 180-200 watts, for someone who just wants to listen to music. If you are one of those who couldn't care less about music and only want to try to impress everyone within a square mile, forget it. It won't do that.

alright cool, thanks man. All I really want is something that is close to or better than a mach460 setup. Will this achieve that or no? I dont really understand audio stuff that much, but Im sure I could learn.

In terms of the specs there is nothing that throws up a red flag for me. I have always heard that if you dont pay at least 1 dollar per watt rms in 4 ohm, then you are buying junk. So for the 1.5x, you are looking at 4 ohm stereo @ 30/40 WRMS x 4 (according to the site) so if its cheaper than $160 I would be a little hesitant...