Anyone planning winter mods?

LIZARDKING

Nov 16, 2004
Hell
Ive got a couple Im working on.

1. My GT front bumper and side skirts are installed. I still need to install the rear bumper.

2. Dual exhaust. Im buying the leftside GT midpipe, and a GT x-pipe from Brenspeed. Im hoping to have a full stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust system for under $400. I have 2 sets of GT take off muffs.

3. Im going to have 1 set of the muffs powdercoated black, the whole muff including the tip, just to see how it looks. They powdercoat where I work, Im trying to make a deal.

4. Homelink. I dont have this, I dont even know if it was a Stang option, but Im buying one and installing it between the map lights.

5. I cant use a GT lightswitch for my fogs. I have a dealer installed aftermarket dash kit. One of the pieces covers the light switch. Im going to buy a remote turn on from Advance Autoparts and wire that to my fog lights. I think I can then use the transmitter to program the homelink. That will be cool, 1 button for the garage door, 1 button to turn on fogs, 1 button to turn off fogs. I will wire the relay to a 12v switched circut so I cant leave the fogs on by accident.

6. Get a dyno. I have no idea where, maybe Memphis.

Thats about it for winter. Im also remodeling a house so my weekends are pretty full.

• Sponsors (?)

I just ordered a bunch of parts for my rearend(no jokes please!). I'm getting it all installed in early December. I'll make a big post with pics when I get it all.

Twofocused said:
Ive got a couple Im working on.

1. My GT front bumper and side skirts are installed. I still need to install the rear bumper.

2. Dual exhaust. Im buying the leftside GT midpipe, and a GT x-pipe from Brenspeed. Im hoping to have a full stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust system for under $400. I have 2 sets of GT take off muffs.

3. Im going to have 1 set of the muffs powdercoated black, the whole muff including the tip, just to see how it looks. They powdercoat where I work, Im trying to make a deal.

4. Homelink. I dont have this, I dont even know if it was a Stang option, but Im buying one and installing it between the map lights.

5. I cant use a GT lightswitch for my fogs. I have a dealer installed aftermarket dash kit. One of the pieces covers the light switch. Im going to buy a remote turn on from Advance Autoparts and wire that to my fog lights. I think I can then use the transmitter to program the homelink. That will be cool, 1 button for the garage door, 1 button to turn on fogs, 1 button to turn off fogs. I will wire the relay to a 12v switched circut so I cant leave the fogs on by accident.

6. Get a dyno. I have no idea where, maybe Memphis.

Thats about it for winter. Im also remodeling a house so my weekends are pretty full.

Cool!!! This fall/winter I plan on the following:

1. Gears, TLOK, etc. (this thursday, woo hoo :) )

2. Duck tail spoiler before the holidays...maybe

3. Hood stripes, dark red Jan/Feb

4. Nitrous kit, Jan/Feb/Mar

Got to be ready for next race season.

Is it possible to drive around safely with your GT bumper on and not have the GT "schroud" over the radiator and not have GT fender well covers? I spent all my money on GT front and rear and side skirts with the GT mufflers.. and i want to have them on ASAP... im not a very patient person haha. Also To take off the stock sideskirts.. do you just take out the screws at the ends? or is there 3M tape all along it as well? And if not did you put any on for the install?

Ford sells a homelink for the mustang in the rear view mirror with temp and compass. Costs about $400 They also make one with just temp and compass for about $300 - I put one of these in my vert.

Jimp said:
That would cover up that cool tint on the rear window. :(

Yeah... i know... I hate the thought of giving up the Steroid Pony... :(

FEAR%20ME.jpg

But I have to agree with rygen... it would totally set the car off! Man... every day I get a little closer to doing it... LOL! Maybe after Christmas... LOL

scrming said:
Yeah... i know... I hate the thought of giving up the Steroid Pony... :(

FEAR%20ME.jpg

But I have to agree with rygen... it would totally set the car off! Man... every day I get a little closer to doing it... LOL! Maybe after Christmas... LOL

Yea, but that pony gives the car attitude......tough choice. Instead of the rear louvers, you could go with a CDC glassback roof....LOL. I have been eyeing it for awhile. Have you guys seen it?

rygenstormlocke said:
Yea, but that pony gives the car attitude......tough choice. Instead of the rear louvers, you could go with a CDC glassback roof....LOL. I have been eyeing it for awhile. Have you guys seen it?

Yeah, that would be nice.