Anyone running MRT Aero Turbine axle backs?

grngt50

Apr 26, 2004
Los Angeles
Hey there fellas,

I just picked up the aforementioned axle back for a real good deal, so I'm gonna give them a shot. Do any of you guys run this axle back? Any impressions on the sound?

For those interested, the axle back should arrive later this week. I'll post several before and after pictures along with video clips :nice:

-James

• Sponsors (?)

No, but I would be very curious to hear about your experience. The MRT is on my list of possibles. I like the Aeroturbine theory, but I am concerned about drone. I have found one video on youtube of an MRT installed on a GT. It seems to sound pretty good, but it is hard to tell. I would love to see a video of the muffler at WOT inside the car, and a driveby, if at all possible. :nice:

No, but I would be very curious to hear about your experience. The MRT is on my list of possibles. I like the Aeroturbine theory, but I am concerned about drone. I have found one video on youtube of an MRT installed on a GT. It seems to sound pretty good, but it is hard to tell. I would love to see a video of the muffler at WOT inside the car, and a driveby, if at all possible. :nice:

Will do :D

I figured for $150 I'd give them a shot :nice:

-James

What mid pipe are you going to be running the setup ..??

stock for the moment.

I'm mainly trying these out because I don't want the car to sound like every other stang out there. And it was cheap :rlaugh: But seriously, I really dig the look of this setup with the custom 4" tips the guy had installed

The guy I bought these off of said that the tone is really deep and drone is minimal.

YouTube - 2005 Mustang GT MRT Catted H and MRT Axleback at Idle
YouTube - Cobalt SS/SC run with a Mustang at 2007 HRPT

A couple of clips I found on youtube.com
I personally think it sounds badass!!

-James