anyone running taller than stock rear end gears in 03-04 cobras?

im looking for opinions from those who have personal experience in the addition od taller gears in their 03-04 cobras...i know the stock gear is a 3.55, however how would a 3.90 or even 4.10 gear react with the 6-speed...it seems that i will never actually hit redline with the stock gears in 6th gear.....but i am looking for a harder pull in 3rd and 4th...anyone done it??? im new to the cobra world

• Sponsors (?)

IMPORTSMOKER said:
im looking for opinions from those who have personal experience in the addition od taller gears in their 03-04 cobras...i know the stock gear is a 3.55, however how would a 3.90 or even 4.10 gear react with the 6-speed...it seems that i will never actually hit redline with the stock gears in 6th gear.....but i am looking for a harder pull in 3rd and 4th...anyone done it??? im new to the cobra world
True, a stock or even highly modified 03/04 will never see redline in 6th. I mean think about it... 6500RPM's in 6th gear with the 3.55's is somewhere North of 225MPH. 6th gear was designed to save gas, nothing more. I haven't done it to my Cobra and I don't plan to, but I have ridden in an '03 that had 4.10's installed. It was great on the drag strip with a set of good sticky tires installed, but pretty much sucked on the street. There's just too much low end torque on these cars! My buddy's '03 with 4.10's couldn't even use half throttle in 1st & 2nd gear on the street because it broke traction too easily. Yes switching to 4.10's would definitely make the car pull much harder in 3rd & 4th, but at the expense of loosing 1st & 2nd. Most 03/04 owners keep the stock 3.55's and if they want their car to pull harder in 3rd & 4th they either add a smaller supercharger pulley or a little N2O.

U.M.