Anyone seen this supercharger?

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking at the MPH kits, but then I have to pay someone to install it and tune it for another 1-1.5K.

I was really interested in the Ford Racing supercharger for $2100, but I don't know if anyone has gotten that to work on 99-04 mustangs. I know you need the kit to, but that would put you around $3k and you could probably install your self? Any one have info on that one?

I would avoid the frpp blower if you have a 99-04 4.6, the install kit does not come with everything that would be needed for your install, and is power capabilities are somewhat limited, for around 3000 I would go with the beforementioned mongoose kit, your get gauranteed reliablity and everything you need in one kit.

Performance Red said:
oh and you dont need a tune on the mongoose kits, you get one of tim's tunes
Yes, but he tells you to at LEAST go put it on a dyno and have the a/f ratio checked just in case. Definately go with the Mongoose if you want to drop that kinda money on a blower. Youll see between 350 and 400 rwhp easily (assuming you are a 5 speed). You cant beat his kits, and he's never lost an engine with one of his kits on it.

mongoose FTW!!
install isnt bad at all! it took me a total of 10 hours with just me and a friend and a good collection of tools. and before anyone else chimes in about tapping the oil pan, DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! it is the easiest part of the install.

hotmustang331 said:
installing the modgoose kit W/ vortec, would be easier then installing the FRPP blower.
I wouldn't bet on that. The FRPP is one of the easier kits to install.....assuming he gets all the right compenents. No plumbing oil lines, no drilling and tapping the pan. Just a strait forward intake swap.

That aside, either kit can be installed by your average back yard mechanic, so fear of a complicated installation shouldn't be an issue with either instance. If I were looking for just a fun daily driver, I'd consider the FRPP, but if making power later on down the road was in the cards, the Vortech is certainly the better bet.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I wouldn't bet on that. The FRPP is one of the easier kits to install.....assuming he gets all the right compenents. No plumbing oil lines, no drilling and tapping the pan. Just a strait forward intake swap.

That aside, either kit can be installed by your average back yard mechanic, so fear of a complicated installation shouldn't be an issue with either instance. If I were looking for just a fun daily driver, I'd consider the FRPP, but if making power later on down the road was in the cards, the Vortech is certainly the better bet.

Well thats what I was meaning also...trying to piece everything togethor to fit. No instuctions for all the other stuff you need either.
Removing the manifold, COPs, injectors, fuel rails, TB, IAC, EGR, ect doesnt sound too easy lol. Its ALOT of work too. Personally id rather install a vortec :shrug: . Im sure I could do it in just a few hours if I had all the parts and didnt have to run around and buy stuff.

Most 99+ people with the FRPP blower make around 300RWHP I think...probably about as quick as my car. Definatly wont stay with the vortec cars though :(

Most 99+ people with the FRPP blower make around 300RWHP I think...probably about as quick as my car. Definatly wont stay with the vortec cars though :([/QUOTE]

What people are using the FRPP blower on 99+ cars. I remember that super long thread about that blower but I haven't heard about anyone using it. 300rwhp is exactly what I am looking for and I would love to have that blower b/c of the instant power. If anyone has it on their 99+ car please chime in.

04Stanger said:
I was looking at the MPH kits, but then I have to pay someone to install it and tune it for another 1-1.5K.

I was really interested in the Ford Racing supercharger for $2100, but I don't know if anyone has gotten that to work on 99-04 mustangs. I know you need the kit to, but that would put you around $3k and you could probably install your self? Any one have info on that one?

my friend has the SVO roots blower on his 04GT motor thats in his 96 GTS... made 422whp w/ 6psi on 93 pump gas...