anyone think i'll hit the 12's with my minimal mods?

• Sponsors (?)

Can be done, but how come only like 5 people can get car to run so low with minor mods???? theres people out there with gears, exhaust, H/C/I. etv etc and barely running low 13s....yet u have gears, exhaust, Intake and DRs and run a low 13s :shrug: :shrug:
i would just thing that more people would be able to accomplish this if it were doable. most are running 14.3X + with gears and exhaust.

I think you have it though I wouldnt go with 4.30's unless its strickly a drag car.IMO

But I say with ET drags and your other/soon to be mods....... you got it. Good Luck hope you get it. :spot:

well, i feel i should have run some better times last year than i did. i did not get to the track before they closed down for the year, didn't get to cecil at all last year either. i always run my fastest times there. hopefully we have some decent weather at the end of this month.

also, my car has 160,000 miles on it, so it's far from fresh, but it runs good. there is always room for improvement, so with some more seat time i'm sure i could lower my times a little there too.

theres people out there with gears, exhaust, H/C/I. etv etc and barely running low 13s....yet u have gears, exhaust, Intake and DRs and run a low 13s

not sure what's going on there, but it sounds like they need a little more seat time. practice makes perfect right?

There are loads of little tricks that you can do. On the fluid side, run synthetic oil in the trans and rear and 0-30 synthetic in the engine (I don't know if I would run this in the engine on the street, however). Also, fill the crankcase with only about 4.25 qts of oil (including what you put in the filter) with a stock oil pan.

Mark,,

I think you can do it.. Just need to get out there more.. I also have a set of slicks sitting here for you with only 15 passes on them for a good price.. Right up your alley!!!!

I think with new suspension parts and we get the rear set correctly it will 60's like a champ and roll out... I think there is also some more in the tune..

perkys stang said:
Mark,,

I think you can do it.. Just need to get out there more.. I also have a set of slicks sitting here for you with only 15 passes on them for a good price.. Right up your alley!!!!

I think with new suspension parts and we get the rear set correctly it will 60's like a champ and roll out... I think there is also some more in the tune..

bill,
what size are the slicks? they're probably 26"? i'm buying some new ones soon. i'll keep you in mind, don't sell them yet! i want to get to the track first with my 4.30's to see if i run out of gear or if i would just benefit from a 27" tire. i was thinking of putting them in this week. plan on going to cecil on the 27th.

i think the new control arms will definatly help, along with the gears. hopefully i'm going this week or next week to get my torque boxes welded. i just have to clean them up first. there may be more in the tune. got any suggestions? car seemed to run the best with 14* and 50lbs of fuel(set with vac off). of course that was over the summer time. what do you think it should be set at now in this weather?

i know i would only benefit from a few dyno runs, but $85? for all i know, i would roll up on there and bust out a whole 230 HP :rlaugh: is that a dyno tune or just a few runs? would the results be different between the 3.73's and 4.30's? you think it's actually worth it to put my car on there?

I know ?I would if I were you.. Ever car can benefit from it one way or another.. If not a piece of mind then you might gain some power or find you have been running the car to close to the edge..

It's 80 for 3 pulls with a/f or or you can pay 100 and get it for a hour which you could get 5 pulls easy I would think.. This is with a/f and datalogging..

axeman said:
thanks, but i was just giving an example. i am aware that their cars are purpose built, that's why i specifically said "set up as a dedicated drag racer ". i am installing the 4.30's for a little help off the line. i am going to the track on the 27th, and if i run out of gear, i will probably step up to a 27" slick.

silly huh? there's more people out there than you think that have run 12.9's or better with stock heads and cam. maybe my goal will be a little tough, but it's not impossible. go over to hardcore50.com and see for yourself.

here's one thread for example:http://bbs.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11485

Sorry, I know this post is old news but I was surprised to see the responses. I didn't read your signature carefully and I did not notice that you had an intake among other things. It wasn't till I read some of the posts that I realized that I had done you wrong. There is no doubt that a mass air meter and throttle body would get you into the 12's. With the amount of power that you are making I don't think the control arms are going to help as much as you think. Buy some polyurathane rear housing bushings (where upper arm connects to rear end housing) if you want better launch response. The spherical bushings are the ultimate but are a bit much in a street car. Anyway, didn't mean to be mean....kinda thought we were talking about a gear and tires car, not an intake,exhaust,gear, and tire car. I'm lame for being a lazy reader.

have you tried iceing your intake? take out the pass/rear seats take all that thick padding out of the trunk area spare tire/jack(if you havnt already) this stuff all helps specially iceing the intake and good cool downs also if you want to get hardcore to break high 12's take off your spoiler/mirror's and run it.

I still think you have easy 12s. Its all a matter of power, traction and driving. Your car will hook, it has the power, its just a matter of the driver. Also conditions, it might not in 90 degree heat, but in the 60s and it could.

To those running 14s with these mods, there are reasons. No traction, in a heavy car with a guy granny shifting isnt going to run the best times. A lot of people will run bad times because they are worried about breaking the car, and thats fine, but dont expect awesome times when you run every run in fear!

Mark it's all your bro...it's just waiting for you...:nice:

Hell look at me I'm running 13.27 @ 103.7 with 1.9 60ft's with heads cam & intake ... :nonono: :bang:
I know you got it you just gotta wait for it, little tune , little practice...you'll have it made.

As far as the FP goes my car with stock heads & cam with just an intake & exhuast ran best with 54PSI of fuel pressure so I don't doubt you when you say yours likes 50psi.