Anyone used this turbo kit? Opinions, i have 4 grand to spend!

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/94-95 Mustang.htm

Looks like a lot of juice for the money, was wondering if anyone had used this kit. Im thinking of strapping it onto a bone stock 95 gts. im sure the first stab of the gas will yield a cluth, tranny, and maybe rear end change. looking for opinions. I have about 4 g's to spend. Looking for the safest, best route to make the car a killer for 4 grand. let me know what you guys think. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hellion Power Systems / Urist Racing
2735 Della Rd. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/

79-95 Street Turbo Stage I, II, III
Base MSRP: $4495
Designed For Single/Twin Target HP 400
Maximum HP 1000
Turbocharger 60mm Hybrid
Largest Turbocharger 76mm Hybrid

94-95 5.0L & 5.8L

BOV/Bypass Bosch
Wastegate 38mm Tial

Miscellaneous Features
All kits come standard with the Jet Hot Sterling coating on all parts. Kit includes an SN95 electric fan. Headers are CNC mandrel bent and use a 3" collector. Cross over pipe is 3" Connects to factory style catback systems. Kit comes complete with all fittings, fasteners, v-band and t-bolt clamps. All kits are passenger side mount. The different stages of the kit represent the turbo upgrades.
Estimated 12-14 hours install time. Kit carries a 1-year parts and workmanship warranty, a 3-year ceramic coating warranty and a lifetime warranty on the tubing parts.
Of course these 3 kits are assembled differently but the basic specs are the same so they are all listed together.
Options
Larger BOV, larger turbo, larger wastegate. You may also choose to eliminate some of the extras like fuel pump and fan.
Fitment Mods
Smog pump must be removed. All other accesories can be kept.
Our Scoop
They responded to our email in about 10 days. This is the kit that was featured in MM&FF from Jan 03-July 03. This kit obviously makes the power numbers and judging from the pictures the quality is excellent. HP can custom build any type of turbo setup you want for just about any car and they offer special incentives on kits for cars that they do not have a turbo kit for.

Updated the post...

I've seen many pictures of B&G's kits and I have to say they are right up with all of the other companies out there if not better. Not to mention the prices are a lot cheaper too.

This is seriously the wrong forum to be asking turbo questions about, head on voer to www.turbomustangs.com and check out reviews about different kits and customer service. That site is VERY helpful.

84convertablegt said:
Nice kit, but its not for a 94-95. would take a little work to make it fit correctly.

I fixed the link... cheaper price also. :nice:

2735 Della Rd. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105

Maximum HP 1000
Turbocharger 60mm Hybrid

94-95 5.0L & 5.8L

BOV/Bypass Bosch
Wastegate 38mm Tial

Dont know how much of a hands on guy you are but as im finding out...its much cheaper than you think to go turbo. You could probably build a pretty nice kit for half of what you are spending.

Go to turbomustangs.com Too bad there search engine is down right now. But read...read....read....read....read....read. Then read some more. Then ask questions. You will get much better responses if you sound like you are trying instead of just sitting back and learning from them.

Goodluck

Henceforward said:
I fixed the link... cheaper price also. :nice:

2735 Della Rd. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105

Maximum HP 1000
Turbocharger 60mm Hybrid

94-95 5.0L & 5.8L

BOV/Bypass Bosch
Wastegate 38mm Tial

Wow I never even knew there was place in albuquerque that sell's turbo's for our car's :doh:

Redsnk95 said:
F*** HP, they are so behind right now. Go with B&G or Hellion...nobody else.

Troy

Brian and B&G is great. I just emailed him 20 minutes ago and probably sent a total of 8 emails to him back and forth with him explaining things. Cant ask for better service than that!

Also, check out www.ponydown.net . I just found out they are local to me! They look to be a cheaper option...much cheaper than other companies. Although their header design is not as good, im sure it will perform just fine.

This turbo craze is taking over!
boxer.gif

I actually have this kit on my car and have driven it around and can say with certainty that it makes sick power, and now that its actually running, I am pretty happy with it. I bought it used, and I am not a total moron, so since I have never actually called TCP to order, or needed any support from them, I cant comment on either of those factors.

However - I have some issues with it.

The cold side intercooler piping didnt seem to fit properly (even after cutting and rewelding it so the MAF and intercooler pipe actually come within 3 inches of each other), and I dont care for the way the intercooler mounts to the front of the car (looks cheesy). The jet-hot coating will fade into a dull grey within 1000 miles or so (I ended up just wrapping all my pipes) the A/C lines more than likely wont ever work unless you have custom lines made. I took a torch to mine, and bent them so that they would fit, but its shameful that it has to be done considering how much this kit costs. The crossover up pipe rubs the hard brake lines that run down the frame rail ever so slightly. The C&L meter has been a total pain in my ass, and if you arent comfortable using an angle grinder to make 'modifications' to your car, or dont like the idea that you will possibly have to remove your front swaybar, then this kit isnt for you.

All that being said, after all the work and time that went in to my car getting the HP kit to work, and realizing how easy it is to just make your own turbo kit with about $2000 worth of parts, if I ever have to do it over again, I will make my own kit, and sacrifice nothing but my time.

Oh, and if you still want to buy a kit - IMO get a custom made kit.

-Jason