Anyone using a BBK SSI intake???

• Sponsors (?)

not a whole lot of people have been happy with that intake. there are quite a few quality issues most notable the fact that the fuel rails wont seal resulting in leaking fuel.....

Yeah, it looks sexy but several users have reported fuel leak issues. The Edelbrock Performer would probably do the job at least as well without the fuel leaks and I just recently bought one from ebay.

I like the look of it, but I hate the way that BBK "whores" out their insignia in giant letter all over everything they build. It makes it look cheap to me. Its as bad as people who run "Mustang" decals across the top of their windshield.

:lol: That's what I was thinking.

Well the options are.....

-FRPP Cobra
-FRPP GT40
-Ford Explorer
-Edelbrock Performer
-Edelbrock Performer RPM II
-TFS Street
-TFS Track
-TFS R
-TFS Box-R
-Holley SystemMax
-BBK SSi
-BBK SSi-R
-Comp or Jegs Breadbox upper on gt40 or stock lower
-Any Carb manifold with EFI bosses
-Professional Products Typhoon
-Vortech
-Roush twin throttle body (Super rare)

Anything else I missed?

I like the look of it, but I hate the way that BBK "whores" out their insignia in giant letter all over everything they build. It makes it look cheap to me. Its as bad as people who run "Mustang" decals across the top of their windshield.

That's what machine shops are good for; I had the BBK & SSI removed, stripped the wrinkle finish, now trying to get it smoothed out to have it powder coated.

Lems:D

Everybody on the interwebs seems to think the BBK unit is trash, but I had a buddy with one in REAL LIFE and he always had good things to say about it.

That said, I'm not usually overly pleased with BBK's quality. My headers, TB/EGR , and shifter are all BBK stuff, and while they aren't complete junk, I've seen better products.

Everybody on the interwebs seems to think the BBK unit is trash, but I had a buddy with one in REAL LIFE and he always had good things to say about it.

That said, I'm not usually overly pleased with BBK's quality. My headers, TB/EGR , and shifter are all BBK stuff, and while they aren't complete junk, I've seen better products.

Let us know when his car starts leaking gas from those junk fuel rails.

I bought a set of bbk rails, they were junk, they leaked and the design was terrible. There was a plug at the end of the driver side fuel rail that was held in by the button head of a screw. the plug was just a slip fit with an o-ring. i could only imagine what would happen over time with that plug

I just put in my "BBK" 255lph fuel pump today which is really a Walboro 255lph fuel pump. Wheew.........just like buying Ford Racing parts, remove the sticker and see what you are really putting in. The rest of BBK's stuff seems nice.
I bought a grantelli 255 and it was also a walboro

ALL mustang fuel pumps no matter what the patch brand are walbro :D So pretty much, find the cheapest one you can and that's the same as one that's 20 or 30 dollars more, unless they come with installation parts and what not.