Anyone using a Pro-M MAF?

01mgvert

Jan 12, 2004
I've added a 75 mm Accufab tb and plenum to my otherwise stock Mustang GT. I would still like to enhance the intake. I am looking at purchasing the 80mm Pro-M MAF that comes with the MRT StreetSmart Cold Air System. Has anyone used a Pro-M Mass Air Flow Sensor? What size did you use? Is there much hp to be gained? Does the MAF need to be sent back for re-calibration with each new mod (e.g., headers, x-pipe, catbacks)? Is the Pro-M Remote Optimizer worth purchasing ($150) so that you can do your own calibrations?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running a Pro-M w/my 30# injectors - p&p heads/cams are going in this week, so I figured I'd be done with it.

MAF does not need to be calibrated for each modification, but getting the a/f checked after installing the MAF is a must in my opinion.

You will probably not realize much, if any gain, from a MAF on a mainly stock car - blower cars are a different story. The remote optimizer seems to be questionable - there is a great thread on it over at modulardepot.com. Basically, the remote optimizer piggybacks on the MAF, intercepts the voltage signal and changes it based on user input. Basically, the thought is that by changing the MAF signal (which the PCM uses to calculate load, and spark timing) you can throw off the timing a bit.

All I can think of at the moment.

Jay