Anyone with a new 05-06 F-150?

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Well my dad is looking at getting a Crew Cab F-150 as a new car. The prices are so good on them these days and with labor day coming up they will probably be even lower. He needs a new ride and since he sold his S-10 a year and a half ago not having a truck to haul stuff with has been crappy. I is looking at a Crew Cab 4.6L probably white or red or blue. For those who have them how as it been? How as the gas milage been? Also he was wondering if he could throw in my stock 3.08 Gears and get better milage. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I would stay away from the 4.6, especially with a Crew Cab. F-150's these days are heavy as hell. With the 4.6, it'll be a pig. Also, I'm pretty sure that the F-150 doesn't use the 8.8 inch axle any more. I think they went to a 9.somthing, so your 3.08 gears wouldn't work, not that you should use them anyways especially if you are going with the 4.6.

I had one, which I ended up trading in for my stang. I had the 4.6 , which yielded around 20+ mpg when my foot wasn't in it. I wouldn't go with the 4.6, it always just seemed like it was missing something as far as power, especially speeding up to merge on the freeway. Roomy cab and I enjoyed the interior. I had the premium cloth and it looked great to me. The supercab (not crewcab) doors only open so far which is kind of a bummer, and there really isn't much room to have anyone back there. The bed seemed a bit tiny at times. Overall, I was very happy with the truck, they look and drive great.

Hope this helps,
J.

Ok cool thanks guys. I think my dad is still most likely going to go with the 4.6L because he wants some power but does not really care too much about how fast it is. He check out your responses and said he is going to test drive the 5.4 too just to make sure though because the milage seems to be pretty close.