anyway to knock down orange peel without colorsanding?

• Sponsors (?)

A light cut pad on a dual sander/Porter Cable, with some swirl remover will help some. But be careful. According to a really good body/paint man that I talked to you don't want to remove much of it. If you drive the car a lot or do not garage it the orangepeel actually helps protect the paint.
At least that's what he said when I offered to pay him to wetsand my entire car.

carbed87 said:
ok, well, do you think it would be ok to buff on a Maaco paint job that was done last april? i know it sounds funny, but i've heard mixed responces.
DO not colorsand a Maaco job.Usually they use a "integrated clear" so if you rub it out,your taking color too,it will be dead in a year or so anyway,let me show a $1300.00 Maaco job my neighbor got.(after a couple of years)
View attachment 492165

Maaco painted my mom's car while it was DIRTY! There's dust and crap all under the paint!! But it's glossy for now..

I've colorsanded some pretty crappy paintjobs that were even cheaper than Maaco jobs and it works out well.. But I don't know any way to accomplish orange peel removal without colorsanding..