Aod To T5 Swap

ejjr5046

Jan 18, 2013
Hello.
I'm in the process of an AOD to T5 swap.

I'm pretty well versed on the swap thanks to the great articles and forums on here. On two issues I have found so far.

1. The brake lights on an aod car have two hookups one on the rod and one that has a rubber hose to it. DO I NOT NEED the rubber hose for the swap. (My pedal assembly didn't have the correct bracket for the rubber hosed switch)

2. There were 2 similar harnesses for the neutral safety clutch switch. The assembly I bought has a plastic jumper installed into on of the ports on the switch leading me to believe that only one is needed. If both are ended, does anyone know the correct placement. Pedals are already installed so I don't have much room to fiddle around, especially when I reinstall the column

Thanks in advance

Eddie

• Sponsors (?)

On the 5-spd car, both of those harnesses for the neutral safety switch under the dash plug into the clutch safety switch attached to the clutch pedal.

On the AOD car, both hang loose with a jumper on 1. On the 5-spd car, they both plug into the clutch switch. The jumpered one allows you to start the car without pushing in the clutch. Pull the jumper out, and the car won't start unless you plug it in and push the clutch in.

Not sure what the other one is for, but it also plugs into the clutch switch.

On the 5-spd car, both of those harnesses for the neutral safety switch under the dash plug into the clutch safety switch attached to the clutch pedal.

On the AOD car, both hang loose with a jumper on 1. On the 5-spd car, they both plug into the clutch switch. The jumpered one allows you to start the car without pushing in the clutch. Pull the jumper out, and the car won't start unless you plug it in and push the clutch in.

Not sure what the other one is for, but it also plugs into the clutch switch.

After the blood went back to the rest of my body, I ventured back underneath the dash and figured out the correct writing placement. Both do indeed fit. Now I just have to determine whether or not cruise control is desired

Thanks