Appearence mods for my V6

LIZARDKING

Nov 16, 2004
Hell
Today I installed a set of new takeoff GT rims/tires. I got a great deal, $450 and local pick-up.

I want to paint my mirrors. My car is Redfire, I cant decide if I want to paint them body color or gloss black. Im going with 25% tint, so I think the black would look great, but Im undecided.

Im painting the lower rocker trim body color, like the GT has.

Im thinking about hood stripes. The stripes everyone is putting on look great, but I think I want something a bit different.

What do you think about the same width stripes, but instead of them going all the way down the bumpers, I end them and round them off at the edge of the hood and deck lid. They would then more resemble how the stripes were finished off on a 69 Boss Mustang. I dont care to extend the stripes over the roof.

I would have them painted if I can afford it, otherwise there are a couple shops that can make them for me around here.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I'd paint the mirrors redfire, leave the rocker panels alone (because it makes the car look less bulky, one of the best parts of the V6 look, IMO). As far as stripes, I think you either go all the way, or none at all. It just doesn't look right to do partial LeMans stripes. :)