Are the Slotted and Drilled that good?

BSTANGGED

Jun 8, 2006
Charlotte, NC
hey gentlemen. I'm trying to find some good brakes to put on my 96 GT. I want to get the cross drilled/slotted kind. Any particular brand i should get, and does anyone know if any of the brands on ebay are worth buying..I did see some nice brembo and baer. but what about the other ones... thanx

• Sponsors (?)

just make sure that the drilled ones you buy have the holes cast in them and are not drilled. if they are drilled they will eventually develop stress fractures inbetween the holes and the integrity of the rotor will be put into question. i have seen drilled rotors shatter before.

bdcardinal said:
just make sure that the drilled ones you buy have the holes cast in them and are not drilled. if they are drilled they will eventually develop stress fractures inbetween the holes and the integrity of the rotor will be put into question. i have seen drilled rotors shatter before.

NOBODY cast's in holes, they are all drilled.
Im replacing my Bear Eradispeed rotors with the Brembos(plain) You should see all the mirco-cracks in the rotor its disgusting.

man this is a heavy topic...hahah

ok, so u guys think i should just go plain, or get maybe some brembo style drilled, i was told by my friend who works in a shop that they are probably the best drilled rotors out there. Which is why most cars use them on factory brakes now for performance cars. thanx again for the help gentlemen

ok thanx again fellas. im only stopping 260 so i mean....cuz the guy i bought my car from did an engine swap with the 01 stang(so i guess really only bout 245 250 at the wheels) but i will take that into consideration., thanx Keep BURNIN THEM CAMAHO's

BSTANGGED said:
ok thanx again fellas. im only stopping 260 so i mean....cuz the guy i bought my car from did an engine swap with the 01 stang(so i guess really only bout 245 250 at the wheels) but i will take that into consideration., thanx Keep BURNIN THEM CAMAHO's

Man I really don't want to burst your bubble but if thats a stock 2001 motor its not putting 245-250 hp at the wheels.

I knew a guy who bought those rotors from ebay and they sucked. Within 6-7 months they were all stressed cracked and look scary. He took them off and replaced them with stockers