Are there any cheap useful/1wire O2 sensors for carb tuning?

crazypete

All my crevices are greased.
Oct 22, 2004
Arlington, MA
After reading through some archived posts, I came to the realization that the stock O2 sensors jump back and forth between .2 and .6 volts and this is why I always get bouncy/useless readings from my AF guage. I never see a mid reading it's always low or high and it all makes sense now.

Are there any OEM (ie cheap, not the $400 wideband kits, but like a $50 autoparts store) type O2 sensors that have decent sensing range...preferably with 1 wire so I dont need to run a hot wire under the car? Sensor lack of function while cold is obviously not a problem since I run a carb and I can tune idle by ear, vacuum guage and nose.

Thanks all!

CrazyPete

• Sponsors (?)

nope.........you may want to see if you have a friend that may have one......i know if you lived by me, i would use my 02 meter to help you set your carb.........i bought the LM1 and have never looked back, cost 335 shipped........hotwheels of turborides.com

The Innovative LM-1 is a nice unit. Less expensive than most wideband 02 readers and does much more. The data logging feature is nice nice nice. Especially if you combine it with the RPM sensor (additional $65 I believe).