ARE V-6 CONSIDERED MUSCLE CARS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charged07gt

Apr 20, 2010
Not to knock or belittle v-6 mustangs in anyway, shape,form or fashion I just wanted to know if Im the only one who considers them not to be muscle cars. Please weigh in on this topic!! Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If we're going to be really technical a Mustang isn't a Muscle car. It's a Pony car, muscle cars where full size vehicles like GTO's, Chevelle's, Galaxie's etc... Current Motor Trend doesn't call the 2011 V-6 Mustang a sports car not a muscle car.

Not all muscle cars where full size cars in the late 60s and early 70s! The nova, challenger, camero as well as the mustang are all pony cars and consider muscle cars by industry standards because of their V-8, high horsepower status! I truly can not be the only one who doesnt believe a v-6 is a muscle car!! thanks for your input.

Honestly... what's it matter? It's like saying i have bigger junk in my pants. The 2011's are badass by any means, and yeah, i would consider them muscle cars after having the pleasure to drive one. On the other hand, my brother has had a 98 since he started driving and i don't even like to consider his car sporty. So, IMHO, 2011+, yes. 2010 and below, not a chance.

I have a friend who doesn't consider a Mustang a true American Sports car. lol He says if it has a backseat, and is made in a V6 (as an option), it doesn't qualify...

weird

I apologize... KINDA!

Just received an email from a member of a svt website. An I must admit that i was wrong.. kinda. He explained it, now I get it! Trying to get a nation of v-6 lovers to understand that their beloved mustangs are NOT muscle cars is like trying feed a kid vegtables... just not gonna happen! My bad. There are rank structures, pecking orders and food chains and v-6s are at the bottom of them all for a reason! NOT one single advocate for v-6s has given any sound reason or proof that its actually documented somewhere (other than in their minds) that a v-6 is a muscle car. Why? Because there isnt any! But I get the logic in your efforts to defend it, i do. Once again I have nothing against v-6s, they have their place...an like the little egine that could, they're trying! Again I appoligize for some how thinking that the history of muscle cars as well documented as that is and as well as the dozen of actual muscle car websites somehow manage to leave your beloved v-6s off the pages was a mistake...yeah! In conclusion, if there is any doubt about the true meaning and definition of a muscle car please do your homework and research that topic, dont weigh in with meaningless, technically speaking jibberish about this and that which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Just the facts! Thanks to all, Have a great day!

So then, Mr. all-knowing-guru-of-the-auto-world, what would you consider a domestic 300+ horsepower V6-equipped vehicle to be, if not a muscle car based solely on the number of cylinders the engine has? Please, do tell...you harp on saying what you think the V6 is NOT, but give no indication of what you think it IS. Hm?

Status
Not open for further replies.