Article on the guarantee of supercharging the new 5.0

Mustang_Fan

Jan 11, 2010
First Mods To The 2011 Mustang 5.0

":Ford Racing already has a supercharger system that will be on the market almost as soon as the cars are available. This supercharger has already been seen in the 2011 Shelby GT-350 Mustang that broke cover last January as a prototype. It is believed that this combination will be good for at least 500-550hp in base trim.

With Ford Racing you know that the same level of development and engineering that went into the Mustang to start with is behind the parts. And that same level of engineering and OEM development will be found in the soon to arrive ROUSHchargers.

Roush has already stated they will have their supercharger system for the new 2011 Mustang 5.0 by summertime. The first generation will appear in the new 2011 Roush Mustang 427R according to the company. Additionally, you will be able to buy the package through your local Roush parts retailer to install yourself.

Roush is also likely to have a TVS 2300 version of their ROUSHcharger system available later down the line for even more horsepower. Roush however has not given any indicators in when that may occur and what if any engine modifications would need to be done to keep it in one piece.

One thing is for sure, by the time the 2010 SEMA Show takes place in November, we will have a host of new parts on the market for the 2011 Mustang 5.0. We will of course be on site when show time comes to cover and report on all the new goodies made for the new pony."

• Sponsors (?)

Was there ever any doubt? :shrug: These engine are going to make boat loads of power, with minimal effort with that compression and those heads. :nice:

Seems some are worried about the high compression. As well as the admittedly maxed out forged rods from Ford.

So it seams if you upgrade to stronger rods, lower the compression, while adding a sick blower, you have 700whp machine.

I cannot wait for delivery!

Seems some are worried about the high compression. As well as the admittedly maxed out forged rods from Ford.

So it seams if you upgrade to stronger rods, lower the compression, while adding a sick blower, you have 700whp machine.

I cannot wait for delivery!

The new 5.0L Coyote sports more stout rods than earlier Modular engines. Not as tough as full-fledged forged H or I-Beam units like many upgrade to, but certainly tougher than the "tooth brush" like spindles us Modular guys were saddled with for the last 17-years.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the power a base GT is going to make with just a moderate supercharger & tune. :drool: I think in the next couple of years I'll be taking on my first car note in over 15 years. lol