Autometer & Ford Racing Gauges Conspiracy Theory.

illwood

Apr 3, 2004
Worcester, MA
Well, not realy a conspiracy but. . .

This is probably old news, but I was kinda excited to discover this (not in need of a paper towel excited, just entertained).

Have a look at the Autometer Phantom series gauge in comparison to the Ford Racing gauge.
5721_d.jpg
fms-m-9278-a200.jpg

Same fonts, ranges, needle shapes. . .

And if you look hard at the fine print that is at the top of the gauge, on both of them the letters match up pretty well to read.
"AUTOMETER PRODUCTS, INC. SYCAMORE, IL USA"

Very interesting
secret.gif

• Sponsors (?)

watch out man they'll be after you for bringing that out nice knowing ya bro. Make sure to will the car to me for when you disappear.

LOL JK its suprising how much stuff is like that and the big diference in price between them. I never looked at them but my guess is the Ford one is a lot cheaper then the Autometer?

Well, here are the prices from Summit

Autometer Oil Pressure: $39.95
Ford Racing Oil Pressure: $45.88 ($5.93 more)

Autometer Water Temp: $56.95
Ford Racing Water Temp: $68.88 ($11.93 more)

So, what do you think? Is it worth the $6 and $12 markup on the gauges to furthur show your Ford pride?

AM makes Ford Racing gages...I have the FR fuel pressure gage...its stamped AM on it to...

FRPP loses much money being greedy...My bud has a speed shop and gets all my FRPP stuff next day, free shipping...Some stuff he can deal on or match Summit...other stuff, forget it...
Some of the stuff is reasonable...some's just plain BS...

FRPP Cobra R hood....695.00, no S&H....H.O. Fibertrends, who makes the hood...354.00 shipped

FRPP LCA's...369.00....Identical to MM (whom I suspect makes em) 100.00 less
These are both pretty hot markets at the moment...look at the sales they loose... :nonono: