B303 cam? Do I need to change distributor gear ??

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
I will be starting my tear down wednesday on my day off , I have to work thursday and then I am off for four days straight , I wanna make sure I have everything I need to do this , thinking about putting in a new pickup coil since I will have the distributor out anyway ....so do I need to put a brass gear on the distributor I know on some cams they use different hardness metals for the gears ???

• Sponsors (?)

its bronze, not brass. And contrary to back in the day when roller cams were designed with billet steel gears on the cam a bronze gear was required. However in an application in which a factory roller cam was used I dont think you have to change it

Ryan

vanzcorp said:
its bronze, not brass. And contrary to back in the day when roller cams were designed with billet steel gears on the cam a bronze gear was required. However in an application in which a factory roller cam was used I dont think you have to change it

Ryan

well its been along time since I have been into working on a 5.0 ...last time I put a cam in one was 1995 so I have forgotten some of the stuff I once knew but me and 3 of my buddies are getting back into the racing thing again ...so I am learning all over again

2002BLGT said:
well its been along time since I have been into working on a 5.0 ...last time I put a cam in one was 1995 so I have forgotten some of the stuff I once knew but me and 3 of my buddies are getting back into the racing thing again ...so I am learning all over again

good to hear man, I dont even own a mustang, haha