back again haha!

ironmedic

Mar 18, 2003
Puyallup, WA
hey guys, im going back to the ford market. i have been out of the loop for a very long time. i am looking to get a stang but i have to wait longer. i am getting a 2005 eddie bauer expo to help bail me out of my damn SSR. i learned a lesson: stay away from chevy specialty vehicles haha! this truck is nice and all but the overall value dropped cuz of chevy's marketing campaign. mallon ford is giving me the deal of a lifetime to erase my negative equity in my SSR and start off fresh in a nice ride. i used to own an expo till my x-wife made me trade it in for her 05 cobalt. mallon is hooking me up with a 13k mile truck waaaaay under invoice..i am talking wholesale costs (they got it bulk in an auction and is in excellent condition). i am checking it out today and see if it floats my boat. more than likely, ill be in an another expo!! i might consider picking up a 5.0 stang for cheap to drive around...or maybe a 4 banger to cruise in for gas mileage :)

• Sponsors (?)

Well it was not the marketting killed the SSR it was a $50k truck that was slow and unattractive. Was it a car or was it a truck????

Now they have something that's worth looking at as they are getting a 400hp motor and 6 speed trans and priced reasonably.

Those SSR's are literaly just rotting away on car lots and they are literaly begging people to buy them. I must say though that I do really like the look of the new Cobalts though.

ironmedic said:
hey guys, im going back to the ford market. i have been out of the loop for a very long time. i am looking to get a stang but i have to wait longer. i am getting a 2005 eddie bauer expo to help bail me out of my damn SSR. i learned a lesson: stay away from chevy specialty vehicles haha! this truck is nice and all but the overall value dropped cuz of chevy's marketing campaign. mallon ford is giving me the deal of a lifetime to erase my negative equity in my SSR and start off fresh in a nice ride. i used to own an expo till my x-wife made me trade it in for her 05 cobalt. mallon is hooking me up with a 13k mile truck waaaaay under invoice..i am talking wholesale costs (they got it bulk in an auction and is in excellent condition). i am checking it out today and see if it floats my boat. more than likely, ill be in an another expo!! i might consider picking up a 5.0 stang for cheap to drive around...or maybe a 4 banger to cruise in for gas mileage :)

So... was the forced Cobalt purchase the grounds for divorce?

stock50LX said:
So... was the forced Cobalt purchase the grounds for divorce?

might as well be hahaha! my x-wife and i were incompatible in the end and were unhappy. some crap hit the fan and it got ugly. the funny part is that my wife wanted to divorce me over trading the RX8 in for a WRX...and i thought i was doing ourselves a favor getting rid of that dreadful thing (it was an automatic).

i just took ownership of my new 2005 eddie bauer expo. it is black on tan on the outside, 2 tone leather on the inside. it also has a moon roof and a dvd player for the rear passengers. my girlfriend loves this thing so much. she is also a huge mustang fan too. i am going to help her find a stang that she will like. she is a little open on them but she prefers the 99+ body styles. im gonna try to get her into the 5.0's since i know them pretty well. god this girl is so mind blowing. she is so perfect for me! i cant believe it! finally, i can talk cars with a girl and she is deeply interested LOL!!

Good to hear things have worked out for the better with your cars and your personal life.

GM's problem....great selling Suburban/Escalade line, that sales have reached on all time low in, awesome line and history with the corvette.....not enough sold to hold up GM as a whole. Everything else that GM has made...short of impressive, and short of sales.

However....I do have to say that I like what they are trying to do with Cadillac, with trying to get away from that old grandpa vehicle an into something some younger demographics would enjoy, however I don't think the sales are showing much improvement right now. That and I like the new chevy truck that replaced the S-10, growing up during the age when having a small/mini truck was cool to lower and pimp out, I have a small side for a good looking truck with a drop with some performance added to it. Other than the full size pickups recently..nobody had any small cool looking trucks that would look nice as a street truck.

yeah im happy this SSR is gone before 2006 started. i noticed that the stangs are still holding their values very strong. thats awesome! my girl and i are gonna try to find her a stang. she wants to spend around 6k. she likes the 99+ style but we wont find her a GT at that price. she might just have to finance a couple thousand more which is cool. im gonna see if she likes any of the old 5.0's. we will probably go 5.0 shopping.