Bad fuel pressure regulator???!!! HELP NOW PLEASE!

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
This is what i get...

I installed the kirban fuel pressure regulator and fuel gauge about 2 days ago. Car ran fine for those 2 days. But today when i started up and gave a little throttle car wants to cut out... And when the car warmed up and idling I gave a quick WOT it wants to cut out again. When i give a gas slowly it is fine....This has never happened before i installed the regulator...

I have no idea why this is happening. i check the gauge and it reads 31-32 psi.

What is the sign of "BAD" fuel regulator?

If the regulator is bad it shouldn't start at all???

Help me solve this problem ASAP :)

• Sponsors (?)

Yup. It's not the regulator. I just put back the old one and doing the same thing...

Now what?!

My spark plugs are new, wires are new, distributor is new, coil is new, module is new, o2 sensors new, No codes...

Can it be a fuel pump???

All the things i upgraded I have never upgraded the fuel pump...

May be i increased the fuel pressure 2 psi so fuel pump took a dump???

HELP :(

Increasing the fuel pressure shouldn't have killed the pump, unless by some coincidence it was about to die. Question: if you put on the Kirban regulator and try to up the pressure, what happens? Can you drop the pressure below 31-32, but can't raise it up any higher?

I would check and replace the fuel filter, they're relatively cheap and easy to replace. They get clogged and cause poor fuel pressure. If you haven't replaced the filter since you've had your Stang, it's a likely culprit. The filter is easy to replace, but you need to jack up the rear of the car to do it. Just don't spill gas in your face, that sucks. :rlaugh:

I have already changed the fuel filter and and "YES" i did spill gas in my face a little . I got used to it.

It's the fuel pump it doesn't even make noise anymore :(. how funny to install one part and other one go out right after...It was going to die anyway. I dropped the fuel tank already so i just need to install the new fuel pump in.

Thanks for all the help and input. :)