Bad Injector?

jetmech807

10 Year Member
Dec 1, 2011
Crestview, FL
My car sat for about 4 months before I drove a little. When I first started it, it kicked a "Injector Circuit, Cyl 1" fault. Got that the first few times I would start it. Clear it with engine running and it would stay gone til shut off abd started baxk up. Happened about 4 times then switched to Cyl 5. Samething about 3 times. Now it doesn't kick faults but over around 1/3 throttle it drops a cylinder. Idles fine and runs fine at lowerw throttle settings. Returned tune to stock, no change. Couple of bottles of injector cleaner and fresh gas still no change. Still haven't driven it alot. Once I get it out here to AZ, think it will clear up if I drive it alot? Not looking to put an injecror in it till I get the KB installed. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Harness looked good. Runs great at idle and part throttle. Used a long screwdiver to listen to them. All seemd to be clicking away just fine. Figuring one has a piece of trash in it. Changed the filter too. Pretty sure it was original. On a side note, discovered an IRS makes that task significantly more difficult.